• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OHARP Information 2022

Mouselovr

Contributor
For OHARP exceeding 90 days, do they subtract the the addition days past 90 from the wait time in Pensacola? Or the longer you stay in OHARP, the longer your wait is to class up?
See question 2 in my post. Doesn’t matter how long or short your OHARP is. Currently, class up is based on the day your check into Pensacola. Historically, it used to be based on commissioning date, so again, OHARP length would not matter

WannaFlyHigh

See question 2 in my post. Doesn’t matter how long or short your OHARP is. Currently, class up is based on the day your check into Pensacola. Historically, it used to be based on commissioning date, so again, OHARP length would not matter
I’m surprised they haven’t modified the conditions yet. The only reason I asked was because @villo0692 mentioned they allowed OHARP exceeding 90 days when there is some sort of a backlog in the training pipeline.

villo0692

I’m surprised they haven’t modified the conditions yet. The only reason I asked was because @villo0692 mentioned they allowed OHARP exceeding 90 days when there is some sort of a backlog in the training pipeline.
So the only accession sources that seem to wait more before coming here are Academy and ROTC, seems like OCS SNAs do 90 max OHARP and then come here regardless. Not sure exactly what is it that the former two do between graduation and coming here, but we were told that since they’re not allowed to come here for a couple months, that their “seat” is saved for them as if, meaning that their time would not start after they get here, but before…idk is weird

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
So the only accession sources that seem to wait more before coming here are Academy and ROTC, seems like OCS SNAs do 90 max OHARP and then come here regardless. Not sure exactly what is it that the former two do between graduation and coming here, but we were told that since they’re not allowed to come here for a couple months, that their “seat” is saved for them as if, meaning that their time would not start after they get here, but before…idk is weird

It basically boils down to the fact that they already have a place to be. Admin is already handled by the respective locations, their stuff is already there (so no continued storage), and there's usually something for them to do (help out the staff, help with plebe summer, etc).

Whether their seat is saved may ebb and flow. I'd be surprised if it was, but maybe they're doing that now. I just doubt STUCON is capable of managing that.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
It's probably BAH2, based off of your current duty station (OCS). BAH2 is different than BAH. That assumes you're single.

space_sailor

Recently graduated from OCS.

All aviators were given OHARP orders and we were told class up at Pensacola is now based on our commissioning date.

Curious if anyone can corroborate that with an actual instruction or something written down?
As the only info I have that class up date has changed to be based on commissioning date has been told to me - I haven’t read anything official about it.

[ Edit: still new to this whole Navy thing so if you could at least point me in a direction where I might find this info I’d greatly appreciate it ]

The “gouge” also is that they are going to extend our OHARP for a total of 9-12 (ish) months. My orders are for 90 days for OHARP but I guess they could always extend them.

Last edited:

flatspinturkeyb

69 9/9/9 GPA: b4d

All aviators were given OHARP orders and we were told class up at Pensacola is now based on our commissioning date.

Curious if anyone can corroborate that with an actual instruction or something written down?
As the only info I have that class up date has changed to be based on commissioning date has been told to me - I haven’t read anything official about it.

[ Edit: still new to this whole Navy thing so if you could at least point me in a direction where I might find this info I’d greatly appreciate it ]

The “gouge” also is that they are going to extend our OHARP for a total of 9-12 (ish) months. My orders are for 90 days for OHARP but I guess they could always extend them.
Thanks. Would you mind sharing how much the BAH is?

Mouselovr

Contributor

Take everything they told you at that brief with a grain of salt bc when I did it, they gave us information that was flat out wrong and outdated by several *years*.

Currently, class up is determined by when you check in NOT commissioning date. This has been the case for awhile. The only exception to this is if you get caught in student pool for more than 12+ months thus you commissioned in the previous FY. This is subject to change.

luckynumbr27

Lots of bad gouge going around OCS. Everything about this pipeline changes regularly enough that the most recent gouge tends to be out of date and irrelevant either partially or entirely within a class. I know that our class has effectively received the same information as space sailor. Our candios class told us that a few of their SNAs tried to game the system and not choose OHARP orders in hopes they’d skip the OHARP line and head straight to PCola and they ended up sitting in student pool with no orders. Seems as though 6-12 months of OHARP is the most realistic time horizon right now, but even that seems like it will change in a more favorable direction soon with fewer and fewer bodies being added to the wait pool in PCola and the new class sizes.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Lots of bad gouge going around OCS. Everything about this pipeline changes regularly enough that the most recent gouge tends to be out of date and irrelevant either partially or entirely within a class. I know that our class has effectively received the same information as space sailor. Our candios class told us that a few of their SNAs tried to game the system and not choose OHARP orders in hopes they’d skip the OHARP line and head straight to PCola and they ended up sitting in student pool with no orders. Seems as though 6-12 months of OHARP is the most realistic time horizon right now, but even that seems like it will change in a more favorable direction soon with fewer and fewer bodies being added to the wait pool in PCola and the new class sizes.

This. When I was in recruiting applicants would try to aim for a moving target in terms of OHARP + stash time before starting API/NIFE and I always did my best to maintain the "stay flexible" approach. What might be true right now (in December) might change next week, next month, etc. etc. I don't think anyone expected the classing up issue to be as lengthy as it is now... say a year ago.

I get the "I have a family, kids, etc. etc." argument and wanting to plan, but at the same time the Navy WILL give you sufficient time to move, plan things out, etc. as an officer. It's not like enlisted boot camp where you graduate and likely on a bus going to your A-school that same evening.