• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OHARP Information 2022

Triumph_MAC

Yes, you’ll request it at OCS.
It’s dependent on your designator. If you’re an SNA, you will get it if you ask.

They’ve also started giving it to NFOs
When selected for OHARP, do you go back to your home of record or can you request to go to a certain spot?

I’ll be checking into RI from NC, currently stationed, and wouldn’t mind coming back for a few months. That would actually work out perfectly since my son would finish school during that time.

Last question, would you go to MEPS or just a local recruiting station in the area?

Thanks for all the gouge by the way.

Edit, I’m selected for NFO.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
When selected for OHARP, do you go back to your home of record or can you request to go to a certain spot?

I’ll be checking into RI from NC, currently stationed, and wouldn’t mind coming back for a few months. That would actually work out perfectly since my son would finish school during that time.

Last question, would you go to MEPS or just a local recruiting station in the area?

Seriously doubt you will go to MEPS. MEPS is an Army Command. If you mean the NTAG, or whatever they call it now, they might be co located with MEPS. You will likely go there. If the NTAG has outlying officer program offices, like a smaller college town, you might go there. But it is likely you end up at a NTAG HQ or what was always called the Navy Recruiting District (NRD) HQ.

exNavyOffRec

We had a guy that came for OHARP and he was able to get to us because his wife was from the area, and even then it took the CO giving the OK, it is preferred for the person to go to the home of record, but you can ask for anything and it sounds like you have a good case to get it.

The think that is the bigger question I would have is if there is an OR office near where you want to be.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Seriously doubt you will go to MEPS. MEPS is an Army Command. If you mean the NTAG, or whatever they call it now, they might be co located with MEPS. You will likely go there. If the NTAG has outlying officer program offices, like a smaller college town, you might go there. But it is likely you end up at a NTAG HQ or what was always called the Navy Recruiting District (NRD) HQ.

When I was in recruiting we definitely sent OHARPs to MEPS to conduct swear in ceremonies. Call it a kickback but it did help us leverage more spots to send folks down to MEPS for physicals/DEP (enlisted side), especially during mission day or other circumstances.

Triumph_MAC

I appreciate all the good gouge here. There’s a local recruiting office here in the Lejeune area. It’s worth an ask, if not, I can tow our camper to Pensacola and live in that until the family gets down there in late May.

Mouselovr

Contributor

Short answer, yes, you can request to go to a certain spot.

Longer answer is it depends. When I went through, they let everyone go wherever they wanted. Then the class before me flip flopped their requests too much, pissed off the detailer, so they stopped unless there was special circumstances.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
When I was in recruiting we definitely sent OHARPs to MEPS to conduct swear in ceremonies. Call it a kickback but it did help us leverage more spots to send folks down to MEPS for physicals/DEP (enlisted side), especially during mission day or other circumstances.
But the orders were to the NRD. You just detailed him to MEPS to accommodate your needs. We did the same back in the paleolithic era. I didn't think it was the best gig. Better to work with the recruiters or processors, visit campus and tell OCS sea stories to applicants.

exNavyOffRec

I appreciate all the good gouge here. There’s a local recruiting office here in the Lejeune area. It’s worth an ask, if not, I can tow our camper to Pensacola and live in that until the family gets down there in late May.
A recruiting office doesn't necessarily mean you can go there, the general rule we had been told was there had to be an officer assigned to recruiting duty for a person to do OHARP there.

Triumph_MAC

A recruiting office doesn't necessarily mean you can go there, the general rule we had been told was there had to be an officer assigned to recruiting duty for a person to do OHARP there.
Sounds like heading straight to Pensacola will be the way to go then. Going around colleges and telling OCS sea stories sounds intriguing though….. could be a pretty cool experience.

exNavyOffRec

Sounds like heading straight to Pensacola will be the way to go then. Going around colleges and telling OCS sea stories sounds intriguing though….. could be a pretty cool experience.
Like many things it is what you make of it, but the OHARP guys I had with me really enjoyed it.

dchunt05

Just finished OCS and found out late that OHARP was available (detailer thought OHARP funding was cut). I am a CEC guy with training starting not until January.. I just requested OHARP duty. Is there a chance I get it until January? I know that it is described as only up to 90 days. Also, I am preferring to have OHARP in the Port Hueneme area (where training is) so that I can move my family and myself there now and stay throughout the training. And then go to my final duty station overseas after training ends. Does this all make sense and is this possible?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Just finished OCS and found out late that OHARP was available (detailer thought OHARP funding was cut). I am a CEC guy with training starting not until January.. I just requested OHARP duty. Is there a chance I get it until January? I know that it is described as only up to 90 days. Also, I am preferring to have OHARP in the Port Hueneme area (where training is) so that I can move my family and myself there now and stay throughout the training. And then go to my final duty station overseas after training ends. Does this all make sense and is this possible?

These all seem like questions best suited for you and your Detailer.

villo0692

I think OHARP exceeding 90 days is only available in case that your school has some sort of back log. For flight school for instance the wait is so long that rumor has it that academy and rotc grads are not to come here for a hot minute after commissioning. e.g. my friend graduated from the USNA in May and not showing up in Pcola till November

WannaFlyHigh

I think OHARP exceeding 90 days is only available in case that your school has some sort of back log. For flight school for instance the wait is so long that rumor has it that academy and rotc grads are not to come here for a hot minute after commissioning. e.g. my friend graduated from the USNA in May and not showing up in Pcola till November
For OHARP exceeding 90 days, do they subtract the the addition days past 90 from the wait time in Pensacola? Or the longer you stay in OHARP, the longer your wait is to class up?