• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October/November SNA & SNFO Boards

Tosh Taylor

Just curious, is Aeronautical Science the same thing as Engineering? I've never heard of it called that.
Either way 3.9 in 2.5 years is insanely impressive. It took me 5 years and I ended up with a 2.9 lol. That being said, I may have gone to a party or 2 ;)...
Not really. My degree consisted of many ground schools, flight labs, and other classes related to commercial aviation alongside the normal geneds. It's a lot of work, but I attend a small, sattalite campus on an airport and there isn't anywhere near as much fun as a large university campus. My original goal was to finish quick so I could spend time in a normal campus, but that changed...

KnightFlight

Not really. My degree consisted of many ground schools, flight labs, and other classes related to commercial aviation alongside the normal geneds. It's a lot of work, but I attend a small, sattalite campus on an airport and there isn't anywhere near as much fun as a large university campus. My original goal was to finish quick so I could spend time in a normal campus, but that changed...

Right on, sounds much more fun than engineering that's for sure! I wish I went for something cool like that. I think you're going the right route with applying now though, there will be plenty of time to party later on. Hopefully for all of us!

KnightFlight

I go to OSU Tulsa and received an aviation mgt degree:cool:

Okay so the first time I heard of this degree was about a month ago when I started coming on the site. Now I know what an Aeronautical Sciences degree entails, so what about Aviation Management? Are the two pretty similar? My school didn't offer either of these degrees :confused:

flyer91

Okay so the first time I heard of this degree was about a month ago when I started coming on the site. Now I know what an Aeronautical Sciences degree entails, so what about Aviation Management? Are the two pretty similar? My school didn't offer either of these degrees :confused:
Aviation management deals with the business aspect of managing an airport or fixed base operation at the airport. There is a lot of business related courses involved like financial accounting, managerial accounting, and finance. It's a good degree in my opinion because it gives a lot of flexibility in pursuing a career in aviation while also being a business degree

Reactions: HTR

HTR

pilot
Aviation management deals with the business aspect of managing an airport or fixed base operation at the airport. There is a lot of business related courses involved like financial accounting, managerial accounting, and finance. It's a good degree in my opinion because it gives a lot of flexibility in pursuing a career in aviation while also being a business degree
What he said lol

KnightFlight

What he said lol

Roger that, sounds like a pretty good gig for an aspiring pilot for sure.

MambaJamba1124

Winging it!!
Has anyone been keeping track of everyone's scores? With excel or googles version of excel? I'm interested to see where everyone stands!! Here's to a high acceptance rate!