• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October/November SNA & SNFO Boards

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Does anyone know what the typical wait between ProRec and FS is?
There is no typical wait time, but usually varies from as few as two up to four months... occasionally longer, due to changes in OCS seat availability, paperwork errors, etc. Extreme patience is required!;).
BzB

Sean Martin

What's up fellas, I've been lurking on this site for a while using my buddy's info who's down in primary right now. I'm going for the October board as well, but my scores are shit on a stick. After I took the ASTB-E (after my head exploded i should say) I knew immediately I'd have to retake the test but strangely, my recruiter contacted me the following day and wanted to move forward with my scores which were 42- 4/5/5. I was pretty dumbfounded to say the least after he further expressed his confidence in my packet. I'm currently active duty with the USCG and all my personal info is below, let me know what y'all think as we wait in purgatory together.

-25 year old. Active Duty
-NFO/SNA
-BA: Criminal Justice- 3.13
-MBA- 3.2- Grad date DEC14
-LOR- (3 USCG) 0-6, o-5, o-3 (01 USMC) o-6 (ret)
-CG Achievement Medal, Commandant's Letter of Commendation
-Evals range from Excellent to Superior
-3 years community service while stationed with Ceremonial Honor Guard in DC
-ASTB-E- 42/4/5/5

exNavyOffRec

What's up fellas, I've been lurking on this site for a while using my buddy's info who's down in primary right now. I'm going for the October board as well, but my scores are shit on a stick. After I took the ASTB-E (after my head exploded i should say) I knew immediately I'd have to retake the test but strangely, my recruiter contacted me the following day and wanted to move forward with my scores which were 42- 4/5/5. I was pretty dumbfounded to say the least after he further expressed his confidence in my packet. I'm currently active duty with the USCG and all my personal info is below, let me know what y'all think as we wait in purgatory together.

-NFO/SNA
-ASTB-E- 42/4/5/5

You should continue to study for the ASTB and make a plan to retake, if you put the scores in the order I think you did then that 4 is the FOFAR and the minimum to apply is 5

Sundevil106150

-NFO/SNA
-ASTB-E- 42/4/5/5
Well I am not going to sugar coat it, those scores are not good at all. I mean I was disappointed in my scores. However, like your OR said, still go through with it anyway. You have a strong package especially with prior service and a decent GPA. You are not getting any younger so why wouldn't you try for the upcoming board. The worse that can happen is retake the test which I am sure you will improve dramatically.

Sean Martin

@NavyOffRec My FOFAR score is a 5, AQR was a 4. My recruiter said I met the minimum to apply. I mean a buddy in my last unit at the honor guard who is in primary as an NFO got 5's across the board and got picked up. I know it's all different for different boards and needs of the service so on and so forth @Sundevil106150 so I'm just gonna throw it in there and hope for the best

exNavyOffRec

@NavyOffRec My FOFAR score is a 5, AQR was a 4. My recruiter said I met the minimum to apply. I mean a buddy in my last unit at the honor guard who is in primary as an NFO got 5's across the board and got picked up. I know it's all different for different boards and needs of the service so on and so forth @Sundevil106150 so I'm just gonna throw it in there and hope for the best

I would still study, I don't know if the last board had any that were just at the minimums, generally when the selection rate is between 25-75% it is rare, if at all to see people get picked up at the minimums.

varlogkern

Frozen Hellscape Survivor
@Sean Martin Obviously I can't say for sure since I'm just an applicant like everyone else. That said, those scores do need some work. I would start studying and preparing for a retake. Since you will have to wait 90 days for the retake anyway, roll the dice and see what happens.