• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS prep

SMILE4BULLETS

eventually, your SI's are going to realize that your body is FUBAR. They know this, it isn't their first time around the block. My platoon had the same mentality, our SI's told us repeatedly, "I don't know how, or particularly care how, you're going to get all this sh*t done 1st [PLT], but you better make some secret squirrel sh*t happen tonight, because come tomorrow...it's a brand new day." so that being said, it was a free for all once lights out hit.
for us, bactine (good to have so you dont have to wait on the witchdoctor), motrin, etc was all good to go. just not vitamins.

Carno

Insane
Our company had corpmen come every day at 4:30. If we needed stuff they would hand it out if they felt like it. Also, they would come out on the hikes and all other events and would hand out stuff sometimes. You could just buy some on libo too like you mentioned. I would keep it in the contraband foot locker with my cell phone and other stuff so that way I could have it on the weekends. You should pretty much be able to get motrin whenever you need.

Same here. After rough events the corpsmen would walk through the chow line and hand out industrial sized pills of Motrin.

MasterHaynes86

When I was there, I kept dayquil in my wall locker, at the top, behind my socks. I was the first to come down with the candidate crap, so on first libo i got some. Our SIs had the same mentality about survival... Nightime was a free for all... Every morning around 0430 id pop a dayquil or two and offer to anyone else coughing and wheezing... I only needed it for about a week n a half... tho i was still coughin up green til week 4 or so... Many other candidates had motrin, newskin (which i found no real use for when i used some), and other pain relievers... We didn't tell the staff, they didn't ask, and I'm sure they knew...
I wish our corpsman woulda handed out horse pill motrin, lol... instead, we got essays for hand sanitizer while waiting in line, lol... always carry one of those small mofos with you just incase a buddy needs some
I wouldn't go down there with motrin or non prescribed meds tho... In the first few weeks you shouldn't need it, and if u do, there is always a corpsman in the mornings

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
...tho i was still coughin up green til week 4 or so...

Man I was coughing up green shit for about a month after I got home...thats after 10 weeks of coughing it up.

I was cool until someone got sick about a week in and they put the big ass fan in the squadbay and blew around the sampler platter of germs.

SMILE4BULLETS

as much as you may need it, just remember that your body is not invincible. your body is going to be saying, "WTF" for 6-10 weeks, so dont get stupid in the candidate medicine cabinet. some of that stuff does have side effects, like increased heart rates, blood thinning, stomach upset, etc. IE: keep in mind that if you took a 1600mg motrin, your blood is a lot thinner...so dont break your femur, and dont cut yourself. i damn near sliced the tip of my finger off with a knife the other day (being stupid), but had taken only 400mg of motrin earlier that morning. it bled for 45 mins, the corpsman was like WTF? are you a hemophiliac. just some food for thought....

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
Man I was coughing up green shit for about a month after I got home...thats after 10 weeks of coughing it up.

I was cool until someone got sick about a week in and they put the big ass fan in the squadbay and blew around the sampler platter of germs.

Dude!! Those fans are totally what spread that shit..and my rack was right by it

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle

The "candidate crud" affected us all... infact we may never be the same ... and those damn fans made the squadbay sound like an aerodrome.