• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 08APR2024 SNA/SNFO BOARD

DucatiBiscotti

Forklift Certified
Same, I would assume that most people on this board already have their degree right? I didn’t know you could apply if you didn’t have one.
A lot of people, myself included, for whatever reasoning missed the ROTC train. I didn’t like looking down the barrel of a 12 year contract at 18 years old. The last option for individuals like us is OCS. A lot of people start their journey while still in college. But obviously, if they don’t graduate they’re SOL

GoVols03

SNFO Select
A lot of people, myself included, for whatever reasoning missed the ROTC train. I didn’t like looking down the barrel of a 12 year contract at 18 years old. The last option for individuals like us is OCS. A lot of people start their journey while still in college. But obviously, if they don’t graduate they’re SOL
I’m looking down the barrel of a 12 year contract on the back of a 15 year enlisted contract lol I’m essentially starting my entire career over

DucatiBiscotti

Forklift Certified
I’m looking down the barrel of a 12 year contract on the back of a 15 year enlisted contract lol I’m essentially starting my entire career over
Time in service baby, rack those years up haha. I’m sure that your maturity and familiarity of the Navy will give you a leg up on the rest of us commoners

letmejustbe

SNA Selectee
How did you manage to get a later OCS date when they initially gave you April 15? I had heard it's typically not very feasible to get them to change it

I just asked my recruiter. I’m not sure if he had to pull any strings, but if I were to guess it was permitted since in my package I stated that I couldn’t report for OCS until after July 1st. I submitted on March 11th so that if my timeline disqualified me from I-SEL I’d still be good for the 8 April SNA Board. Luckily it was a non issue.