• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 08APR2024 SNA/SNFO BOARD

letmejustbe

SNA Selectee
Does anybody have information on the I-Sel process? Would a package go to a board or bypass a board/when would you hear results?
From what I’ve been told by my recruiter assuming you have a college 3.0gpa and at least a 6-6-6 (for nfo), or a 7-7-7 ( for sna) on the ASTB, when you submit your package, it does not go to the board, everything is checked for correctness (i.e. you are who you say you are) and you are rolled into the next available OCS class. I’m not sure exactly how long it takes to review, but from reading this thread it seems like results come back relatively fast. This is what I’ve been told thus far, if anyone knows anything else let’s hear it.
Baltimore pretty much covered it. I submitted my package on March 11th and was told I was selected March 20th, so a 9 day wait in my case. They offered April 15th for my OCS date, even though I put July 1st as my date of availability, but I was able to push my OCS date back to June 30th easily enough.

JRCarl22

I applied for the I-SEL and this board but got rejected for I-SEL. I met all the requirements but I'm pretty sure you have to be graduated and ready to ship out ASAP.

Baltimore

I apologize if this has already been covered earlier in the thread. When looking at the spread sheet what exactly does “pushed ‘at board’” mean? I feel silly asking.

Mil3s

SNA Select
I would imagine one standard deviation below the average poster here
That could be wrong since the rest of the board that aren’t on this site could have the same score range or even better score.

Also a question I have is, it has been said that a 7 PFAR is a 50/50 shot for sna. So would that make 8 PFAR a very good chance chance and then 9 PFAR almost guaranteed as long as it’s a decent acceptance rate?

Last edited:

cjwinton01

SNA Pro-Rec Y
That could be wrong since the rest of the board that aren’t on this site could have the same score range or even better score.

Also a question I have is, it has been said that a 7 PFAR is a 50/50 shot for sna. So would that make 8 PFAR a very good chance chance and then 9 PFAR almost guaranteed as long as it’s a decent acceptance rate?
7 PFAR is 50/50 if you have below a 3.0 gpa/have waivers. Better scores are always better. Also don't take for granted the ASTBE thread and the practice test program.

tward1512

Arkansas... I know the feeling of being the only one from my state! I'm also going in only NFO and really gunning for a spot in the E-2, which is also apparently a really uncommon thing.
If I do well enough, I'll stick my neck out for a spot in the back of the Growler, but that's more of a high hope than a foreseeable reality at this stage in the game.
I’ve only worked with the Super Hornets but have met some E-2 pilots and they absolutely love it. You’re still a tail hook pilot working with the jets and it’s a great time for that airframe as they’re rolling out the E-2D Advanced Hawkeye which is going to be a game changer (hopefully).

pcola478

Baltimore pretty much covered it. I submitted my package on March 11th and was told I was selected March 20th, so a 9 day wait in my case. They offered April 15th for my OCS date, even though I put July 1st as my date of availability, but I was able to push my OCS date back to June 30th easily enough.
How did you manage to get a later OCS date when they initially gave you April 15? I had heard it's typically not very feasible to get them to change it

Last edited: