• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Occ 197

Freezerburn7

Well I'm sort of in the same boat, I was selected for 197, however I can't get my official orders to report until my flight physical clears which they are expecting to hear word on that next week. Until then Im just getting all my stuff together so that if I get the good word I'll be ready to go.

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
Just got final word from my OSO. I'm headed up on the 18th...I'll be freezing my ass off with the rest of you. Let's hope it's a mild winter, eh?

See you other OCC-197'ers in Quantico.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
Just plan on going. If you dont get picked up then you have a few more months to get ready. Your recruiter is not trying to keep anything from you.

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
Thanks for the confidence booster, Carno.

And, hey, I do think the report date was originally January 27th, unless my memory is shot. I went ahead and told my boss that a couple months ago...just got final word today, and found out that the date is the 18th. Holy short notice, Batman!

Jbramps

Im not scheduled to take my flight physical until the 8th, so maybe thats why i havent heard anything yet. My recruiters are pretty confident ill get accepted but I've been really nervous the last week or so. This is my second application (first for the marines my previous application was for the navy) and the waiting sucks a lot. Hopefully ill be seeing you in quantico in a few weeks. good luck to all.

Carno

Insane
OCS was miserable in the summer time, I can only imagine how shitty it is in the winter time. Although I suppose I'd rather do OCS in the winter than TBS.

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
So, the website for OCS says the report date is the 18th. I've seen posts here that say that it's the 19th, and I've heard elsewhere that it's the 20th. Anyone have a final word on this? I hate to keep bugging my OSO at this point, he's got a platefull of work as it is.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
So, the website for OCS says the report date is the 18th. I've seen posts here that say that it's the 19th, and I've heard elsewhere that it's the 20th. Anyone have a final word on this? I hate to keep bugging my OSO at this point, he's got a platefull of work as it is.

Different guys will report at different times. I know they had us west coast guys come a day before the east coast guys just to help us adjust to the time change. Ask your OSO, its his job. While he is a busy guy I'm sure he can take 5 min to tell you your report date.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
Ask away. not to mention, in the crunch time before the candidates leave for the upcoming class, they tend to focus on you guys as much as possible. I remember staying away from my OSO a few octobers ago when the -190 guys were getting ready to ship (by choice - he didnt tell me to do that or anything) because I saw all the work he was putting in to make sure that they were all squared away and shiped with no problems.

This is your time now. Make sure that you are all set and have all the little details and questions answered.

Edit: Oh yeah - good luck too! Its gonna suck but try to remember all the fun and stupid shit. You'll get some great laughs afterwards not to mention learn a few things about yourself.

johngratian

thanks much for the advice guys. happily, i was just selected yesterday a few hours after i put up my last post. it seems quite likely that i shall see you all upon the frozen pull-up bars.

best of luck.