• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Occ 188 Who's Going!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bch154

Hmm, I just tried to post a reply but I don't think it worked. Anyhow, what I wanted to say was that I talked to my OSO about the board dates for 188 this morning during PT and he said they were the last two days of November and the first three days of December. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

-Brian

horned frog

I just got the word from my OSO that I was selected!!! Hope to see you all in January. PM me if you want my contact info prior to going....might be good to BS a little before reporting.

trongod46

pilot
awesome there frog, which state are you out of, you are the first to report the good news, has to feel good,

horned frog

It does feel good to get selected, especially given the caliber of the competition. Plus, it's nice to have this long drawn out process culminate in an acceptance call. My OSO called at 6PM central time to personally give me the news. He also said that I was one of the few ground applicants to get voted in by all of the board members..........feels good. Looks like all we have to do now is take one more PFT, sign our orders to OCS and we're off. I'll be flying into Reagan Int'l. Hope to see you guys soon........get ready for the cold.

makoslim

Air candidate 188
Damn! does everyone out of the Dallas Office get accepted?! Every applicatn to 187 out of there did! Congratulations man, hopefully Ill see you there, but Im borderline with my slow 22:14 run time, it's the only thing holding my package down now. If all gos like 187, I should hear tomorow if Im not accepted, otherwise, Im sure it will take longer for them to decide whether they want me since the time I submited wasn't the greatest.Good luck everyone, keep your fingers crossed! :eek:

horned frog

Makoslim,

If for no other reason, they should take you b/c you're from Montana (right?) and can handle the cold. Think about what us Texans will be like in single digit temps!

Clux4

Banned
I will be honest with you about the cold here right now, it is not that bad for November compared to last year. The quigly around this time is not going to be funny though. Now I don't know if it will change between now and January. I heard we are expecting alot of snow-days this winter so I guess you could knock off some P.T and humps! :D ( don't quote me on that)
Temperatures are still in the low 40's to about mid 50's in the morning then it gets warm in the afternoon and drops at night back to the 40 range.

bch154

I have a quick question for you guys: So are there different board dates for each state? My OSO swears the board meets Nov. 29 - Dec. 3... I guess it really doesn't matter, but I'm curious at this point. I'm coming out of State College, PA. Thanks for the info,

-Brian

kevin

"I've never heard of this "draft" process of selection. How does that work? Any idea of typical stats for a 1st, 2nd or 3rd round selectee? I was just wondering what separates the applicants in the eyes of the board."

--horned frog- im sorry about the misread sarcasm....i was making a joke (if you watch the nfl draft you'd know what im talking about). anyways, not that it matters...congrats on selection!

seems strange that various districts and regions would meet at different times. as far as i know, there is an east coast board and west coast board. aside from that, i dont think where you're from matters. but what the hell do i know.

schmied

OCS 188 Air
Well gents (and ladies), thought I'd also post my news. Just got a call from my OSO at work and I got selected. I am pumped. I hope every one of you makes it because from what I've been reading (in the shadows) everyone seems well qualified. Good luck to all and looking forward to seeing you in VA.

Status
Not open for further replies.