• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Occ 188 Who's Going!

Status
Not open for further replies.

trongod46

pilot
well the nail biting begins, only a few days to go for some results, to me i just want to know either way, if it is a yes it will make the continous training that much easier since i will a firm timeline.

Shadow9660

What is the normal procedure for finding out? Does each OSO call the candidate either way...or should we bug them at the end of the week? Any body hear anything else from OSO's ....gettin anxious....keep postin'

kevin

good luck to y'all (i can't believe i went against my yankee brethren and just typed y'all). here's one way to guarantee not being selected....be that "are we almost there yet?" guy who calls his oso every 5 minutes....."has anything changed? any news?" response "no, son, nothing has changed in the last 5 minutes, i swear".

better yet- board results occuring on april fool's day. "son, im sorry.....the board just didnt think you were good enough for the corps. but im sure there's some job on earth that will take you....even though i can't imagine what that might be...........................HA! JUST KIDDING PAL!"

horned frog

I'm wondering how many applications the board has to go through. My understanding is that they meet beginning today, but I have no idea how long the actual meeting lasts. I'm sure we'll all hear by midweek.

kevin

as posted previously, the board meets tues-thur, with results hopefully on fri, but early next week if not. this week will definitely seem longer than most for sure. fri night will likely result in intoxication- either in gleeful celebration, the agony of defeat, or in "i can't take this waiting **** anymore!"

trongod46

pilot
out of all the previous months of waiting and wondering these last 3days are the worst. im just trying to pt as much as possible to keep my mind of it. but thats not really helping either, i feel like a lil kid waiting for christmas

trongod46

pilot
like some people have been posting earlier there doesnt seem to be as much traffic for 188 compared to 187, that is also on marineocs also which i noticed was mostly us anyway, i was looking and there is only like 6 or 7 of us posting on here, anybody look back to 187 to compare,

Shadow9660

Oh 187? there was dozens of applicants posting, not to mention all the records on marineocs.com....but now that site is down...and no drifters...so I'm thinking this is it...

trongod46

pilot
i can not wait to get the word and then type out that two weeks notice, then its pt every freakin day with nothing else to worry about, oh i cant wait to freeze, yeah its fun in the cold and rain in january!!

Merlin

Merlin
I'm a 188 hopefull myself. I'm applying for an air contract. Here are my stats:

PFT: 299
GPA: 3.2 ERAU
ASVAB: 94
ASTB: 6,6
Flight Physical: GTG
Prior Marine Sgt 5.5yrs
No NJP's Pg 11's
All letters of rec. from 0-5 and above.

So does anyone know for sure when the results from the board will be posted? Oh, I have the "blue monster" training guide for OCS. Its a few years old but it still gives you the basic idea on what we are going to be learning. If anyone wants a copy...I'll find out how much it would cost to have it copied at kinko's. Well good luck to everyone out there and hope to see you in class 188!

R/S,

Merlin

schmied

OCS 188 Air
hey all. I've just registered although I've been reading this forum for some time now. I thought it would be time to step out of the shadows...
Also an applicant for 188 air. I'm out of Tempe AZ.
Basic stats:
ASU grad -- 2.58 GPA
5/6/6
PFT 274
1 waiver
AFROTC grad...long story...no jokes please

From what I've been seeing on this forum my stats aren't gread, but I'm keeping hope alive!

horned frog

I've never heard of this "draft" process of selection. How does that work? Any idea of typical stats for a 1st, 2nd or 3rd round selectee? I was just wondering what separates the applicants in the eyes of the board.

kevin

today is the first day of the draft (rounds 1/2), wed is rounds 3/4, thur is 5-7. today top prospects are taken.....me, i figure i might be a late 5 or early 6 rounder. lots of "upside" but i just dont have the pro skills yet. wait a minute....we're not talking about football are we?....oh im so confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.