• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NWA 188: Airliner overshoots airport by 150 miles...

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Either way, they should be fired, immediately..... If Northwest keeps these guys on, that will be one fewer airline that I will ride on.
DELTA is callin' all the shots on that score now ... at the very least, these guys will get time off ...

A well-known 'aviation expert' (most of you would recognize his name) that I've been friends w/ for over 35 years was 'offered early retirement' (read: take it or you're fired) from one of his former airline jobs ... he overflew the destination airport while bullshitting on the PA to the pax and a frequent-flyer-type passenger queried the lead stew something to the effect of: "Isn't that where we were suppose to land ... ??" :)

Where the fuck was the First Officer's head ... ???

The story was largely buried and hushed up, but that's the deal-io.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
Here's a copy of the flight track...

"We didn't miss the airport, boss. We we're just shooting that new crazy arcing, teardrop, hi-ILS approach there at the end.":eek::D

Picture1-2.png

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
These dudes need a huge stash of "attaboys" registered in high places over many years to avoid getting sh#t-canned here. This is a lingering,high-profile , aw-shit story that hurts NW's image badly while it's in the midst of the Delta merger. A high-profile scapegoat needs to be identified & keel-hauled quickly to save face for Sr. Mgt. at NW. Thr flight crew probably has fewer friends than they thought last week.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Dang Tweets can screw anything up.... :eek::D
Unless something has changed on 'da Bus ... CVR tape is only a 30 minute continuous loop ... sooooooooooooooo ... recovering any real incriminating evidence may be a moot point from the get-go ... :)

These two guys(?) are either complete idiots or there's something more to the story ...

*edit*:
Isn't the cvr only a 30-min loop? I think the only way we'll know for sure is when the truth gets leaked from the organization.

BINGO !!!!

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Northwest Plane That Overshot Airport Had Old Black Box, Which May Not Help Solve Mystery

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]Pilots missed Twin Cities by 150 miles -- but how?[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]"When the aircraft taxied to the gate I was able to see the two white males in the seats of the flight crew, both were wearing uniforms consistent with Delta flight crew," said a police report, signed by an Officer Starch ... [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]the male seated in the pilot seat turned, looked at me and gave me two thumbs up and shook his head indicating all was OK."

[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]"all was O.K. ... " God, I love it. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif] [/FONT]:D:D:D:D

As it turns out ... I know one of the two pilots involved ... :D ... we shall see what transpires ...

3_21_northwest_320_overshoot.jpg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Link: [FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]"It was not a serious event, from a safety issue,"[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif] First Officer Cole said in front of his Salem, Ore., home. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]"I would tell you more, but I've already told you way too much."[/FONT]

No shit, Sherlock ... :)

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]Bill Voss, president of the Flight Safety Foundation in Alexandria, Va. said: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]"It's probably something you would say never would happen if this hadn't just happened."

[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]Not so, Bill ... as I related, a well-known -- nationally known -- 'Aviation expert & consultant' lost HIS airline job ... doing something very similar, at least from a 'results' standpoint ... [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]and I know of a couple more (similar) incidents -- just not so well publicized.[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]

[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]When flying, you've ALWAYS got to be 'on your game' -- even when you're tired, beat-up, distracted, pissed off, and quite frankly -- you'd rather be somewhere else.

"There's NO SLACK in
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]ATTACK [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif](light/medium/heavy - insert choice) [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif] " [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]... as the saying used to go[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif] (or commercial air ??? ... again, feel free to insert choice).

Some things just don't change ... they never have; they never will ...
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]:)
[/FONT]