• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NROTC Midshipmen Past or Present

Status
Not open for further replies.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If I were a young whipper-snapper, I'd ensure my success in getting a scholarship by putting down a school that NEEDS students, say Univeristy of Idaho, Iowa State, etc (not to say that these schools are sub-standard, but most people don't want to go there). The chances of being selected and activating your scholarship to an IVY League school are slim....I've know lots of student that were selected for a Navy Scholarship to places like Cornell, MIT or Notre Dame, etc and then find out that they were not accepted by the University. Boom, scholarship gone....

Every NROTC has a comparable program...Nav Sci Classes, Clubs, activities, etc. I guess what I am trying to say is that the Scholarship selection process is a tough one and in order to ensure your success, make sure you leave your options open.
ea6bflyr
icon_smile.gif

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
ea6bflyr,

How have the NRTOC scholarships (active duty slots) changed over the years? I remember back in the early 90's when I was going through my ECP (and the first STA) applications. But the NROTC scholarships were there to be had. Is that not the case anymore?

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Has the NROTC selection process changed? When I did it, your selection for an NROTC scholarship was completely different from picking your school. I got picked up for the NROTC scholarship before my colleges got back to me. I could have taken that scholarship to any one of them. Of course, I picked the most expensive one!

Status
Not open for further replies.