• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NPQ from SNA - What to do now?

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
The MEPS "medical exams" were more like a rush-job of a bunch of retards trying to hump a doorknob. Do you have teeth? Good. Do you have eyes? Awesome! Can you walk like a duck? Perfect! Piss in a cup, draw some blood, do a quick hearing test. Bend over and grab your ankles. Most of my day was spent waiting for the next station.

NAMI was very extensive. Full vision test complete with cyclogplegic refraction (eye-dilation), color-vision, depth perception and the rest. There was EKG, hearing test, blood work (I assume cholesterol and CBC), Aeronautical Adaptability test (valsalva demo and balance demo) and and a flight doc consult in which you'll actually sit down and go over your medical history and/or any issues you may have. Anyone chime in if I'm missing something. I probably spent an equal time at NAMI, except a lot more of my time was actually doing stuff instead of waiting (although there was a lot of waiting).

That's what I went through for my MEPS with the exception of the pupil dilation albeit I was tested at Branch Med at NASP. But yea that sums it up.

zoomie08

Fast, Neat, Average...
NOMI on Tuesday

I have my NOMI on Tuesday and I am pretty nervous. I have issues with color vision - I can pass the lantern but not the dot test. If for whatever reason I get NPQ'd, what are the chances they will let me become an intelligence officer? I have a degree in political science and speak a foreign language nearly fluently.

This probably wont be an issue, but I have found its better to plan ahead. Any advice would be appreciated.

BCBvSSHM

Anyone know what the DOR policy is for SNAs in primary these days? Chances of going SWO or Supply, and turnaround time?

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Immediate and compulsory loading onto a C-130. You'll get your helmet, gun, and flak jacket when it lands in Trashcanistan. Bon Voyage!

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
That dot test is really a crock of BS. Everyone I talk to has issues with it on some level or another. Some people have to really stare hard at the dots to see the raised one, others have to sorta "space out" or blur their vision.

When I did my initial flight physical in ROTC, it wasnt a dot test. I cant remember what it was. I just took my NAMI Whammy and I thought I failed it. Out of the six rows of dots, I could pick out the raised dot on two of them. On the others I just went with my gut. It was more of a guess than anything. I thought I failed but the corpsman said I passed. I dont know if I guessed well or if he just didnt care enough to fail me. Bottom line, that test is HARD!

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Anyone know what the DOR policy is for SNAs in primary these days? Chances of going SWO or Supply, and turnaround time?

If you're OCS, you get a plane ticket to your home of record and a "thanks for trying". The rest you get a redes. Turnaround time? Uh... when's the next Olympics?

DangerousDan

I could tell you but I would have to kill you
If you're OCS, you get a plane ticket to your home of record and a "thanks for trying". The rest you get a redes. Turnaround time? Uh... when's the next Olympics?

Not necessary just OCS people depending on the situation. I know I got my "Thanks for Trying" Letter with 6 other people, 5 of whom were academy grads. At least I got a free education out of it.

Look into the intel and crippie community, I know for a fact they are trying to grow the 1630 community. I know if you want to say in, then fight tooth and nail to stay in, I didnt and Im really regretting it now since trying to get back to full time as a reservist is a pain.

Jag would be cool but its extremely competative to get picked up for that program and you have to have taken the LSAT and have the scores before you can apply. I actually stashed over at NLSO Central when I was at the wing. Small world because I ran into my old boss when I was in bahrain this summer.

Of course theres also volunteer for a tour in Iraqistan, I know a guy did that (he was a nuke though) prior to his redes and is currently on his second IA.

MasterBates

DOR? DOR is for homos. For every one of you clowns there are five who would suffer and IA and then sleep with a Manatee to get your spot.

DangerousDan

dor? Dor is for homos. For every one of you clowns there are five who would suffer and ia and then sleep with a manatee to get your spot.

rotfl. I would rather spend an eternity in hell than sleep with a manatee.

What about those guys who make their best effort yet expect to be attrited and choose to DOR rather than waiting for the hammer to fall?

MasterBates

Fight to the bitter freakin end. I have friends who were "going, for sure, to be attrited"..

They have wings now.

DangerousDan

Fight to the bitter freakin end. I have friends who were "going, for sure, to be attrited"..

They have wings now.

I fought to the bitter end, it didnt help,when the wing stucon wont support you, and the wing commander overrules your squadron co. Especially when the next week I heard her complain to a guy in my class about "damn academy grads DORing" yet wont back up the guy who will do anything to stay. I wish now I had asked for Admirals mast to plead my case personally to CNATRA.

I hate the part of the Aviation community where good people end up being screwed by the system. Especially the training pipeline where your a nobody.

BurghGuy

Master your ego, and you own your destiny.
Agree on sticking it out to the bitter end. If you fight for your wings, others will help you fight to the same degree. And if/when the hammer does fall, they'll help push through a good redes package.

Coincidently I feel I should make a plug for the CEC community. If you have an engineering degree we're looking for you. Great real engineering experience for those who want to get out, PE, and gauranteed free grad school. 90+% make it to O4. Also great bonuses. I should be getting the first half of my $50k retention bonus soon.

BCBvSSHM

Thanks for the help all. Except for the guy that sleeps on his F-14-shaped pillow at night, MasterBates, or whatever. Great contribution my man.