• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

November 2014 Supply Board

exNavyOffRec

Hey email me your information better yet email me your name so I can call you. I have a NCC at NRD that said he has a person that could help you out with results.

Did your OR average your GPA out, if not, then you put the wrong GPA on your application. You should have a gpa calculation sheet... You gpa should be a 3.05 which would have helped you...

The averaging is not a straight average, it is based on GPA points, using semesters for this example 2.8 x 120 credits is 336 GPA points, 3.3 x 60 credits is 198 GPA points, 198 + 336 = 534/180 credits gives 2.97

exNavyOffRec

First-time poster. First off, congrats to all of you getting your Pro-Rec Ys. And to those with Pro-Rec N's, at least there's some clarity.

I submitted my package in June. I have now waited through a rolling SNA/NFO board that my OR swore I was included in, only to find out later he or someone at Richmond NRD messed up along the process. My package wasn't looked at. I waited for months with the rest of the applicants in the September Intel board, and then eventually heard the same thing from him yesterday. My package wasn't looked at.

He swears my package made it to this supply board. He is a great person, but a horribly inept OR. I am hoping one of the other ORs might be willing to help me find out if my name is even on this list once the full list is out this week. I don't want to get in the way of anyone else's glory, so I'll wait until the end of the week. If you're willing to help, though, I'll PM you name and info to look it up later.

Good luck to all of you!

In general the Supply board doesn't look at people who put Supply lower than choice 2, well they look but don't pick.

Your stats look great, you should have a good chance when your application gets to a board.

NavyBrat2015

there is an evil recruiter out there....

My first OR screwed me....told me my package was turned in...waited months....only to find out it was never submitted (found out from a different recruiter)

i know the OR never intended to submit my package...just to troll me along...making me drive countless miles back and forth....not replying to my calls or emails...only to hear back a weak later....just to be told to keep waiting. it was an awful experience. very discouraging. deep inside I was hoping the Navy wasn't like this...and if it is, I want in to make a change.

I also found out from another recruiter that my package was never submitted. the original recruiter never even called me, emailed me, NOTHING. talk about professionalism/integrity/honor. it's not like I was the first applicant this OR worked on.

I never did anything wrong. must have had something against the Navy or just felt like victimizing someone.

how do I know this?

i filled out other paperwork and had my fingerprints taken, etc. with my different OR before turning in my second package.

Wow! So, what is your advice on this not happening to me? Once my OR states my kit is submitted is there a way I can verify this? My OR very rarely contacts me back. If he does, he answers questions impartially. For instance, I took the OAR on 11/19 and received a score of 51. I emailed my OR with that information and also submitted my prescreen for MEPS. He has still not got back with me. I am hoping this is due to Thanksgiving and he was just out of the office. I am trying to get my kit ready for the March Supply Board. Should I be persistent in contacting him or wait for a response. I also haven't had the chance to meet him in person yet due to me living over 2 hours away. I am sure I will have to get a couple of waivers, so I would like to get that out of the way ASAP.

jakejake527

Wow! So, what is your advice on this not happening to me? Once my OR states my kit is submitted is there a way I can verify this? My OR very rarely contacts me back. If he does, he answers questions impartially. For instance, I took the OAR on 11/19 and received a score of 51. I emailed my OR with that information and also submitted my prescreen for MEPS. He has still not got back with me. I am hoping this is due to Thanksgiving and he was just out of the office. I am trying to get my kit ready for the March Supply Board. Should I be persistent in contacting him or wait for a response. I also haven't had the chance to meet him in person yet due to me living over 2 hours away. I am sure I will have to get a couple of waivers, so I would like to get that out of the way ASAP.

I would rather drive 6 hours to have the peace mind knowing everything is on track

my first recruiter made me drive at least 5 times to the office (1 hr away) which could have been done in one visit

be persistent and pro active in contacting the recruiter....if you have a bad feeling about them and they don't make you feel at ease....find a different one

ask to see the recruiter in person ASAP...if the recruiter can't meet within 2 days....find another one

....if the OR doesn't call you back within a couple of hours on a normal business day then that should be a red flag

NavyBrat2015

I would rather drive 6 hours to have the peace mind knowing everything is on track

my first recruiter made me drive at least 5 times to the office (1 hr away) which could have been done in one visit

be persistent and pro active in contacting the recruiter....if you have a bad feeling about them and they don't make you feel at ease....find a different one

ask to see the recruiter in person ASAP...if the recruiter can't meet within 2 days....find another one

....if the OR doesn't call you back within a couple of hours on a normal business day then that should be a red flag

I must say, this is some great information. Consequently, I feel that my current OR falls within the "red flag" limits. How would I go about finding another OR? I was "set up" with my current OR from the Navy website. I am diligently trying to put together the best kit possible, but feel as if my OR is really lacking.

exNavyOffRec

Since it is the holidays I would be patient.

I routinely had applicants drive 2 hours to meet with me at my office.

NavyBrat2015

Yes, I hope so as well. I haven't had the chance to meet him in person yet either, so I must do that soon. My expected graduation is April, 2015 and I only have like 5 classes left.

jakejake527

Yes, I hope so as well. I haven't had the chance to meet him in person yet either, so I must do that soon. My expected graduation is April, 2015 and I only have like 5 classes left.
just be pro active in contacting your recruiter. when you do get in touch with him...make sure you make it clear when you expect to talk to each other again on a specific time and date

find yourself a pro active recruiter