• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

November 2014 Supply Board

NavyBrat2015

Thanks, NavyBrat2015. I'll get with my recruiter and verify. I'm currently a civilian (prior service 8 years Navy/Army), so this will be DCO Reserve deal for me.
Do you know if it is the same board?

Good question, I am not certain. Don't worry, there are a few people on here who will know. I am just a civilian as well, no prior service though.

SlimShady

The Real...
My stats:
No OAR Required - DCO Reserve
BSBA 3.62 GPA
8 Years Prior Service
20 Years business experience with 15 years at executive level - leading up to 150+ personnel
4 LORs - retired 06, active 05, active CSM, President of company, COO of company
Excellent interviews

Workingoutsidemyfield

My stats:
BSBA 3.62 GPA
8 Years Prior Service
20 Years business experience with 15 years at executive level - leading up to 150+ personnel
4 LORs - retired 06, active 05, active CSM, President of company, COO of company
Excellent interviews

DCO is very competitive. Yes your numbers are great, but they usually pick those with a Masters Degree along with those who have a small business setup. I have a few DCO's on my Funeral Honors team here in GreatMistakes, IL.

SlimShady

The Real...
Workingoutsidemyfield - Thanks for the input. I was told by an insider that the board will regard my years of experience higher than a Masters. Also, my resume reflects that I owned and operated a small business from inception to being sold to a fortune 500 company, so I have the small biz side of the house as well. In my current position and prior, I have years of experience in all areas of the logistical spectrum... Hopefully I am still competitive without the advanced degree.

SlimShady

The Real...
In the reserve community, they are looking for folks that can hit the ground running. Though a Masters looks great on paper and is certainly commendable, it is hard to replace good old fashioned experience - IMHO...

Workingoutsidemyfield

Workingoutsidemyfield - Thanks for the input. I was told by an insider that the board will regard my years of experience higher than a Masters. Also, my resume reflects that I owned and operated a small business from inception to being sold to a fortune 500 company, so I have the small biz side of the house as well. In my current position and prior, I have years of experience in all areas of the logistical spectrum... Hopefully I am still competitive without the advanced degree.

That works for me! I think you are competitive. ..

SlimShady

The Real...
I pulled some excerpts from the NR site... Just so anyone without an advanced degree would not be discouraged from applying (assuming they have some experience)...

SUPPLY CORPS (3165)

DIRECT COMMISSION OFFICER (DCO)

COMPETITIVE PROFILE

Education:

A bachelor of arts or a bachelor of science degree is required, a master’s degree is preferred, however, proven work experience and leadership can offset the lack of an advanced education… While there is no guarantee of selection, candidates with contracting/purchasing management training and work experience have historically been selected at a 3 to 1 ratio compared to candidates with no experience

Good luck to all!

exNavyOffRec

My stats:
BSBA 3.62 GPA
8 Years Prior Service
Excellent interviews

Different boards and different requirements, you are posting on thread for those looking for Supply Active, ie OCS, there is sometimes a thread for DCO in the DCO area

FraFla

I have been following this thread for awhile. I too applied the the November board for Supply. I believed I had a very strong package and still feel that way but, have yet to hear from my recruiter. I contacted him and he swears he has yet to see the results and should let me know by the end of the week, that is tomorrow. I am not anticipating that I got accepted and honestly it is very disheartening.

My stats are as follows:

OAR: 51
3.55 GPA with a BA in Analytic Philosophy
4 years prior service, USMC Sgt in the logistics field
2 Navy Marine Corp Achievement Metals
2 years exp as an Inv Control Manager
3 LOR's well written and great character references
4 Interviews from O4, O4, O5 and an O6 in the Supply community all of which said I was the most able candidate they had ever interviewed
Motivational statement was reviewed and approved by a Navy Supply Officer who gave me plenty of pointers and insight

If anything dropped me from the running I believe it is my degree. Any insight, advice or encouragement would be great. Better yet, anyone have access to the results who could actually inform me would be even better.

Semper Fi!