• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

November 2010 Board

GoVols1998

I've seen, in more than one place, that BDCP is closed to people who are graduating AFTER May 2011, and even then there aren't a heck of a lot of BDCP slots. This is what I'm applying for since I'm graduating in May 2011, and if it is in fact closed, I'm told I will just be considered for DA.

SpaceApe29

Since I'm infamous for throwing the FRAGO grenade into conversations let me just state this to everyone on this thread - Good Luck, God Bless, and I hope to see every one on the list at the end of November / early December!

james23

Very nice, just to confirm, you can apply for a DA SNA 6 months before graduation? Thanks in advance guys. I am trying to pad my application up as much as possible.

Best Regards,
James

GoVols1998

I asked my OR what would happen if BDCP slots were closed, and he said since I'm graduating within 1 year, I would just be considered for DA instead. My OR hasn't always had every correct answer, but from what I've heard other places, I'm inclined to believe him here. Just ask your OR if you have a similar question and hopefully you can get a more definitive answer.

MGoBrew11

pilot
Was originally going to go for October boards, but I've been moved here.

21 M

Applying NFO/Intel/IW

University of Michigan
3.55 in History and Spanish

ASTB is my glaring weakness
5/5/5 52, don't really know what happened there

VP of my fraternity
founder and president of an organization that raises money for healthcare in Africa
Running club (ran Detroit marathon last Sunday)
Office manager of a solo practice law office
Captain of XC team in high school
Various community service/church activities

No flight experience

Study abroad in Sevilla, Spain

LORs
Former Navy O-3
Former Marine O-3
HS xc coach (former enlisted Marine)
My boss (Army enlisted)
a few more, family friends etc

that mike guy

JSUPT primary @ VAFB, Enid, OK
Applying NFO/Intel/IW

I was told by my OR that NFO has been closed.

Anyways, I'm in for this board for SNA/intel/SWO, but don't have enough time to type out my details atm; I'll try to get to that soon. Good Luck everyone (just not too much of it, I want a spot >8) )!!

that mike guy

Haha I took that off because I didn't want the right people seeing a wrong thing I had written. However after his comment I will add it back. >8) SNEAKYFACE!!

MGoBrew11

pilot
I was told by my OR that NFO has been closed.

Anyways, I'm in for this board for SNA/intel/SWO, but don't have enough time to type out my details atm; I'll try to get to that soon. Good Luck everyone (just not too much of it, I want a spot >8) )!!

I have not heard that and my OR told me today I was good to go for the November NFO board...hope that my OR is right in this case!

Anyone else have any info?

Lucy

Last I saw/heard is that nfo is full but taking apps. Generally means getting an alternate spot/ not going to OCS till July 2011 at the earliest. That'was how the summer board went.

that mike guy

24/M

- Apping SNA/intel/SWO

- 8/8/8/69

- University of Alabama at Birmingham, BS Biomedical Engineering - 3.06 - Wish this was higher
- University of Alabama at Birmingham, MS Mechanical/aerospace Engineering - 3.4 - Withdrew from program after one year. Not what I wanted to be doing, hence me being here.

- Undergrad scholarship
- Graduate fellowship

- Lame part time jobs - I have them
- taught some classes @ my university in Electrical Engineering
- Fun, engaging person
- Would likely keep you entertained for long periods of time
- I might own 2 Polo shirts; t shirts are where its at
- Doesn't like to talk about politics, nor do I likely care what you have to say on the matter
- Too much community service, both outside and inside my fraternity, to list (well I could, but I doubt anyone else cares)
- Blood donor - every chance I get

LORs
  • Army O-8 - known for about 8 years
  • Navy O-6 - pilot/air boss, known for 24 years
  • Navy O-6 - pilot, known for ~1 year. Got to ride in/fly his T-6 Texan on my birthday (amazing present)
  • Former boss - from when I taught a class @ school
  • Fromer professor - taught 2 graduate ME courses, received A's in both

Good luck all and hopefully I will meet some of you soon!!

fjd24

Flight time is good time...
pilot
24/M

- Apping SNA/intel/SWO

- 8/8/8/69

- University of Alabama at Birmingham, BS Biomedical Engineering - 3.06 - Wish this was higher
- University of Alabama at Birmingham, MS Mechanical/aerospace Engineering - 3.4 - Withdrew from program after one year. Not what I wanted to be doing, hence me being here.

- Undergrad scholarship
- Graduate fellowship

- Lame part time jobs - I have them
- taught some classes @ my university in Electrical Engineering
- Fun, engaging person
- Would likely keep you entertained for long periods of time
- I might own 2 Polo shirts; t shirts are where its at
- Doesn't like to talk about politics, nor do I likely care what you have to say on the matter
- Too much community service, both outside and inside my fraternity, to list (well I could, but I doubt anyone else cares)
- Blood donor - every chance I get

LORs
  • Army O-8 - known for about 8 years
  • Navy O-6 - pilot/air boss, known for 24 years
  • Navy O-6 - pilot, known for ~1 year. Got to ride in/fly his T-6 Texan on my birthday (amazing present)
  • Former boss - from when I taught a class @ school
  • Fromer professor - taught 2 graduate ME courses, received A's in both

Good luck all and hopefully I will meet some of you soon!!

Handsome package.