• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

November 2010 Board

that mike guy

JSUPT primary @ VAFB, Enid, OK
The way he said made it sound like he and the processor needed to sign off and get it postmarked/out of their hands by Monday at the latest.

@ lucy - wasn't aware the board did that. I'm extremely new to this whole process. XD

Lucy

No worries mike. And yes monday can work but i belive tn cut off is 4pm so depeneing on your time zone...

Marco

Well, my processor told me last week that I was bumped back from October to November. Good luck everyone, it's going to be a long month of waiting. Good things to those who wait.........

that mike guy

JSUPT primary @ VAFB, Enid, OK
Trying to keep patient, trying to think of more things to keep me occupied. Should I take up extreme unicycling or keep looking??

GoVols1998

When they send in packages, they use an electronic system. They scan everything in, then send that file off. So theoretically, your OR still has about another hour or so to send any packages off.

fsudrumbna

M/29/Non-prior

Intel
ASTB- 5/49
ACT - 27

Masters - University of Wales, Aberystwyth, UK; European Union Politics
Bachelors - Florida State; International Affairs; Minors in French, History, Poli Sci: 3.4
Certificates - Teaching, TESL
Languages - Intermediate Chinese

Awards:
5 Music Scholarships
Marriott Spirit of Service Award
Shaolin Performing Monk
Who's Who
National Govt and History Award

Works published include essays on Quebec Separatism and European Union Enlargement

LOR's:
O-4 Army (retired)/teacher
U.S. Senator/employer
minister
coworker/mentor
Family friends (E-3)

Extracurriculars/Activities:
Alpha Phi Omega
Martial Arts Club - President
Shaolin Kung Fu/self defense teacher
Worship Leader
Drum Captain/Section Leader
Lived in Taiwan/China for 4 years

Interviews: O-5, O-5, O-6

I'm a bit worried because I know the ASTB's not great, but everyone keeps telling me not to worry about it... It's been a LONG time since I took a standardized test...

Joeski

Looks like I'm up for November, second try for me!

23/M/Non-Prior
SNA/SNFO

PRT - 83 SU, 90 PU, 11:30 1.5 mi (Above 5000 ft PRT) Excellent Medium
ASTB - 5/6/6 48 :yell_125:
LOR - 6 strong ones from former employers (Senior Consultant, Investment Banker, Managing Director... Business/Finance people)

MEPS - Cleared, 20/20, full depth & color

University Denver
BSBA - Economics/Finance 3.01 GPA

College:
National Society of Collegiate Scholars
Cherrington Global Scholars Study Abroad Scholarship
Intramural Sports
Worldvision Volunteer

High School:
Varsity Football
Varisty Track
Elementary School Tutor
Camp Counselor

Quite a few professional accomplishments, I included my resume with my package.

Good luck to Everyone! Most importantly, good luck with the wait!

desf4

I wonder how some people such as zachw get 9/9/9/61 and I got 7/6/8/67. My point is, how did I get a higher OAR although my AQR, and the others, are lower?

To moderators: I apologize for the test post, I was seeing if I was able to post because in the past I was unable to.

zachw

Five-ish weeks to go.

Did anyone else miss the memo on the 3x word count increase on the motivational statement? The new application format leaves room for a totally different statement than one with only 400 words. Did most of you guys stick with a shorter one or fill up the space?

Stalin

Five-ish weeks to go.

Did anyone else miss the memo on the 3x word count increase on the motivational statement? The new application format leaves room for a totally different statement than one with only 400 words. Did most of you guys stick with a shorter one or fill up the space?

I submitted mine right as the packet changed, so do you think they'll understand that my new application had a 400 word statement?

zachw

I submitted mine right as the packet changed, so do you think they'll understand that my new application had a 400 word statement?

All bets are off, but if I had to guess I would say they would. I realized the day before I submitted mine that it could be longer (as I put it into PDF form), and hammered out around 1000 words. I took it as an opportunity to address or expand on things there wasn't room for on my application, but who knows if that was a good decision.

GoVols1998

Yeah, I filled up pretty much the entire space. But I just did that because I wanted to discuss how I have changed since my trouble filled youth. I'm sure most of you didn't have that problem though.

Lucy

I expanded a little but maybe only to 600 words. Had a resubmit letter though so didn't really need to say anything more than I already had. Also, I used up the section 15 space so pretty sure all my bases were covered. Anyone get to see your OR,ORO, or OP comments? I was in fairly consistent contact with all 3, moreso of course with my OR.