• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

November 09 Boards

sanchagrins

I certainly hope they will meet the 15th to wrap everything up before the Thanksgiving Holiday, but given the nature of the beast, and how it seems things never quite work out they we want them to, I'm honestly not expecting anything until sometime in early December. At least the October boards are getting their results now. I was certain at one point they were going to be pushed back resulting in November boards not meeting until January, and us not finding anything out until closer to February.

It could always be worse, and at least they HAVE to review our packages at some point!

Rass

I'm pluging my ears when you are talking that feb. Jazz! I don't even want to think about that.

lw016591

Nov Board Meeting

I found out that they boards are supposed to meet NOV 17, so late nov early dec we will find out, lets hope for the best, hopefully its' not a packed pool

mjulian

Lingerer
Finally got mine in and the OR said dont be surprised if we dont hear anything till Jan......god I hope not. Here are my numbers:

First time app.
22/m
BDCP
PAO, NFO, Pilot

ASTB- 5/5/5 50 (didnt know what was going to be on there, will take study and take again if needed)
LOR's- 2 O-4s, 3 employers, 2 professors, my adviser, and the associate president of the university

Saint Leo University
BS- Sport Business with minors in Marketing, Economics, and Risk Management(Criminal Justice)
GPA-2.9 (Sigh....needs to improve)

Extracurricular
College:
DIV. II Lacrosse for 3 years
Sport Business Association:
-Current President and previous senator to the Student Gov. Union
-Recent Captain/Leader of school's team in National Sport Marketing Case Study Competition that we were champions

High School:
Army JROTC
-Battalion Commander at the rank of LtCl.
-Captain of State Champion Raider Team
-Captain of Rifle Team
Lacrosse
-Captain
-Conference Runner up

Previous Employment:
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1 yr internship)
-Marketing
-Ticket Sales
-Game day operations supervisor of at least 15 people depending on the game

Additional:
Currently play for the Scottish National Lacrosse Team (If you curious as to how, look up the Naval Academy's Matt Russel who played goalie for them in the last world cup)

mjulian

Lingerer
forgot prt
75 push ups
78 curl ups
10:15 run

Worst shape of my life but for now it will have to do

STS1

Hopefully the wait is over soon!

Package Fed'exed August 21st.
Being seen by November Boards
Applying for Supply and SWO
28/m
Active Duty - 1 month shy of 8yrs
Current STS1 filling Instructor/LPO billet
Evals - EP/EP/EP/MP
Awards - NAMs x 3 and Instructor of the Year
GPA is 3.78
Human Resource Management major
OAR only - 52
LOR's - Ret 0-6 w/ major command, congressman, and E-8
Interviews- supply 0-5 x 2 and SWO 0-6 w/ all tens
TS/SCI clearance

Detractor:
Entrance waiver for experimental marijuana use in 1997

Let me know what you guys think..... it doesn't seem like there are that many apps for this month which is good. It takes forever for active duty to get seen by the board........unless you are close to the age limit. Any other priors out there being seen this month?

Rass

Package Fed'exed August 21st.
Being seen by November Boards
Applying for Supply and SWO
28/m
Active Duty - 1 month shy of 8yrs
Current STS1 filling Instructor/LPO billet
Evals - EP/EP/EP/MP
Awards - NAMs x 3 and Instructor of the Year
GPA is 3.78
Human Resource Management major
OAR only - 52
LOR's - Ret 0-6 w/ major command, congressman, and E-8
Interviews- supply 0-5 x 2 and SWO 0-6 w/ all tens
TS/SCI clearance

Detractor:
Entrance waiver for experimental marijuana use in 1997

Let me know what you guys think..... it doesn't seem like there are that many apps for this month which is good. It takes forever for active duty to get seen by the board........unless you are close to the age limit. Any other priors out there being seen this month?

Is an "entrance waiver" any different from a meps waiver?

Also, is meps the only place that requires waivers? or can the boards request waivers?

Rev

pilot
After being told I was up for September and then October only to find out I wasn't up for either I have now been informed by my OR that I am "100% good to go for November." Guess I'll believe it when I hear one way or the other at the end of the month. The wait is definitely killer. Even if the news turns out to be bad hopefully I'll know something this time around so I can at least start on a reapply if need be.

6/6/6 55 on the ASTB with lots of extra curricular and some good LOR. I definitely have a strike against me with a DUI in my past but I'm hoping that the 'whole concept' approach will go in my favor and some of my extra curricular activities (Eagle Scout, Community service etc) will balance out that mistake.

Either way, best of luck to everyone this month!

Ionmeister

November board Hopeful, best of luck to all:

SNA, NFO, SWO (Respectively)

EDUCATION: B.S. International Business, California Baptist University, 3.39GPA
ASTB: 4/6/5 42OAR
PRT: Excellent High

FLIGHT EXPERIENCE:
Couple hours in the cockpit of a Cessna, non-logged.

EMPLOYMENT:
3 yr. Commercial Lending Bank

LOR:
1 USAF Chief Master Seargant (Ret)
1 USAF NCO (Ret)
1 USAF (Ret)
1 Chairman National Association of Workforce Boards/Community Activist to DC (Politician)
1 Executive Vice President of Bank
1 Vice-President of Bank
1 University Dean of Admissions
1 University Dean School of Business
1 Professor/Pilot

MISC:
Volunteer at community Hospital
speak three languages

And of course a very strong Motivational Statement

-Best of Luck and patience to all

Triumph57

23/M

ASTB: 7/6/6/63
GPA: 3.25
Degree: BS of Mechanical Engineering from Wentworth Institute of Technology
Extracurricular: FIRST Robotics Mentor, Local access television production
LOR: 3 Professors, 2 Former Employers (How is it that practically everyone else is BFFs with senior military officers?)
PRT: Nothing official but I am around 70 Push ups in 2 minutes, 90 sit ups in two minutes, 1.5 miles in 10 minutes.
Motivational statement: I'm pretty confident in it
The Bad: Moral waiver for marijuana use :( (remember kids: don't do drugs)
Applying: SNA/NFO

If I am not selected, I plan to put in some community service hours, retake the ASTB (I'm confident I can do better), Get some more LORs, improve my PRT and if possible, get some seat time in a civilian aircraft. I really hope I make it on the 1st try though.

Good Luck to everyone.

Triumph57

My OSO thought my package would be ready for the November board but it turns out I'll have to wait. Best of luck to everyone else.

fuzzy

all in for November--has been submitted for a couple weeks, but today I started gettin antzy. Had to find out from Airwarriors in August that the results were out, so I'm gonna be on here everyday until we are all tired of hearing each others prayers every night while trying to get a few hours of sleep!!

in response to a couple questions about behavior waivers-- I have a probation without verdict marijuana charge (not my fault) that is no longer on record, blah-blah-what-have-you about 3 yrs ago. When I was non selected in August I figured that was why, but I after posted the question DukeAndrewJ, who had just gotten pro rec'd for SWO (on his first resubmission), replied that he had been charged for possession when he was 20. So it appears to be on a case by case basis. With that being said, you gotta look good, and a lot of us have strong credentials--so being squeaky clean is more than fantastic. I actually had my processor tell me that even my speeding tickets looked bad because it reflects my character to the board.

Education: Indiana University of Pennsylvania--3.93 GPA Summa Cum Laude, Honors College--B.A. in History, minors in Anthropology and Geography

Scores: 5-7-5 OAR 55--retook test, raised OAR score from 50

LORS: Community Leaders, Professors, Employers, Retired Lt. Commander USN

SWO, NFO, Supply

Numerous merit awards, scholarships, 4 years solid community service, Founded and built a student organization from the ground up, strong leadership activities since 9th grade.. but hey, this sounds like everyone on here, so hopefully the board members just think I meet the "needs of the navy."

good luck to everyone, I'm sure all of us are worthy--but especially good luck to those of us who are on our second try!! hahaha

AG3HEATHER

Does anyone know when the board will meet to discuss Intel applicants? My package has been submitted for three months now and I am anxious to hear about it. My Chief has contacted the Processor, but to no avail.