• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Norfolk area STA-21 Selectees

mh53eflyguy

Stashed...again.
Hampton is a good choice, but it still is a private university and very expensive as far as tuition goes. Looking at about $20,000 per year. $10K out of pocket isn't an option. State school's are where it's at.

Man, You really don't want to have to pay for anything, do ya!! Student loan payments are deferrable until after graduation/commissioning, and really I'm only in for one year, so $20K is still a hell of a lot better than $60K at ERAU!

Has anyone applied and been accepted there? I was putting all my eggs in one basket with ERAU, I wasn't expecting there delays. Since I have been having so many issues, and the fact that Capt. Stubbs has been extremely helpful and pleasent makes HU much more pleasing. I have an interview there on Tuesday. I just have to have them expedite it.

haubby

None
Contributor
Physical Info was received on: 30 Oct 2007
Your Physical Status is: QUALIFIED as of: 6 Nov 2007
Medical Comments:
Your HIV date is: 19 Oct 2007
Physical sent to BUMED: 30 Oct 2007
Degree Plan: Valid
Degree Plan Comments:
School Acceptance: Yes
Page 13: Received
Orders Requested: Data not available

Exactly what I wanted to see! Now just want those orders:)

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
Physical Info was received on: 30 Oct 2007
Medical Comments:
Your HIV date is: 19 Oct 2007
Physical sent to BUMED: 30 Oct 2007
Degree Plan: Valid
Degree Plan Comments:
School Acceptance: Yes
Page 13: Received
Orders Requested: Data not available

Congrats! You may want to inquire as to when they plan on requesting orders for you from Millington though, because it doesn't look like they have yet!

k_smittay

Congrats bud, I hope you get your orders soon! I was all pissed at first when I saw you were already qualified and you sent your physical stuff in 2 weeks after I did, but then I remembered you did core. Lucky bastard... so when are those beers on?

user2176

STA-21 Core Selectee FY08
Contributor
I had mine physical done a while a go. I think the mail lost it. Now I find that they actually prefer the paperwork emailed from those of us 'lucky' enough to be stationed overseas. And no I don't get the AIP.....

Finishing up my degree plan... should be back out to the fleet Sept 2010.

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
Congrats bud, I hope you get your orders soon! I was all pissed at first when I saw you were already qualified and you sent your physical stuff in 2 weeks after I did, but then I remembered you did core. Lucky bastard... so when are those beers on?

I know how you feel man, I'm green with envy that he's got the "Qualified" tag next to his physical status! But don't worry, he wants to go NFO eventually, so he'll "feel the pain" soon enough!!

haubby

None
Contributor
I know how you feel man, I'm green with envy that he's got the "Qualified" tag next to his physical status! But don't worry, he wants to go NFO eventually, so he'll "feel the pain" soon enough!!

Ahh yes, by then I'll have other worries. Like chasing the coeds around campus or something. Don't you guys worry though, I'm rooting for you!:)

erelislt

?

Anyone had eye sight examined and was determined to be "Exophoria"? I was told this disqualifies me from Pilots; which is ok, I was not planning to become one anyways. I have 20/20 vision and "qualified for service" just some weird exophoria is marked on my physical.
If anyone has the same diagnosis, please let me know. Thanks.

k_smittay

Anyone had eye sight examined and was determined to be "Exophoria"? I was told this disqualifies me from Pilots; which is ok, I was not planning to become one anyways. I have 20/20 vision and "qualified for service" just some weird exophoria is marked on my physical.
If anyone has the same diagnosis, please let me know. Thanks.

If you have a physical disqual for pilot they will let you stay in the program? That is good to know.

mh53eflyguy

Stashed...again.
My Hampton University visit went very well! I believe I will now abandon my ERAU plan and go with the Hampton University plan! I'll be staying local after all, which was not the original plan, but it actually works out better all around.
If any others out there was thinking ERAU, ERAU, look into Hampton University, It's much less expensive, but they still have a very good Aviation program.