• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Norfolk area STA-21 Selectees

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
I'll be right behind you guys! I pick up my glasses tomorrow and finish my physical on Friday and the paperwork will be emailed in that day. I can't wait to be done!!

erelislt

Emailed my degree plan/acceptance letter/physical info to STA-21 today. Its a good feeling to have all that done and now I can just wait for those orders!:)

Can you explain how you did that? You scanned everything and then e-mailed? When it comes to Physical... you just e-mailed those two forms? Did you hear back from STA-21 to let you know eveything is OK? Thanks for the info.

EM1toNFO

Killing insurgents with my 'messages'!!
None
I'm finishing my degree plan with my acad. advisor on Wednesday afternoon and should be sent out first thing Thursday..

haubby

None
Contributor
Can you explain how you did that? You scanned everything and then e-mailed? When it comes to Physical... you just e-mailed those two forms? Did you hear back from STA-21 to let you know eveything is OK? Thanks for the info.

I scanned everything and sent it in .pdf. I scanned both DD forms, ECG, HIV, Radiology and Labwork results. They have everything that Medical provided me. I did it at 4pm eastern time today so I should get a response tomorrow. I'll keep you guys posted on what they have to say.

OneBadSSS

I scanned everything and sent it in .pdf. I scanned both DD forms, ECG, HIV, Radiology and Labwork results. They have everything that Medical provided me. I did it at 4pm eastern time today so I should get a response tomorrow. I'll keep you guys posted on what they have to say.

Please do because I'm planning on scanning/emailing my medical paperwork at lunch on Friday so long as it is a viable method! Nothing like instant gratification!! :D

haubby

None
Contributor
Please do because I'm planning on scanning/emailing my medical paperwork at lunch on Friday so long as it is a viable method! Nothing like instant gratification!! :D

Recieved email from STA-21 saying everything was good to go. My medical stuff was forwarded to BUMED today.

OneBadSSS

Recieved email from STA-21 saying everything was good to go. My medical stuff was forwarded to BUMED today.

Sweet! That will make things so much quicker! Damn you Ryan, I'm jealous that you're done with all the BS running around now! You're lucky you just had to do a standard URL commissioning physical and not a full blown flight physical for SNA or SNFO!! Don't worry though, your time will come! :D

mh53eflyguy

Stashed...again.
Is anyone else in here who is taking classes getting hassled about dropping classes so you can transfer?

ERAU is pissing me off, I've had my medical completed since February, Degree plan since mid October, but since i started my classes, they said they will not transfer me into their program until the end of the semester (16DEC)
correct me if I am wrong, but they need that stuff prior to 01JAN07, right?

haubby

None
Contributor
I'm not really following you when you say you have to drop classes in order to transfer. Most semesters end in Dec, we are transfering in Feb so I dont see the connection. I'm taking four classes this semester and plan to finish them. But then again I have no idea what situation your in. But it sounds like your getting the run around. Admissions/Academic advisors have alot of pull and can make things happen when on paper, it shouldn't.

mh53eflyguy

Stashed...again.
I'm not really following you when you say you have to drop classes in order to transfer. Most semesters end in Dec, we are transfering in Feb so I dont see the connection. I'm taking four classes this semester and plan to finish them. But then again I have no idea what situation your in. But it sounds like your getting the run around. Admissions/Academic advisors have alot of pull and can make things happen when on paper, it shouldn't.

Maybe this might be of some help. Please, correct me if I am wrong, but our paperwork is due by 01JAN08, right? This is to include our degree plan and acceptance letter.

For whatever reason, they will not initiate a transfer until the end of the semester. The semester ends 16DEC07, which if the USPS is not backed up with holiday stuff (usually they are) it will take up to seven days to get the acceptance letter.

Provided that the good folks down at STA-21 offices do not celebrate hoildays, this should not be an issue. I'm willing to bet that more than a few of them are anticipating time off and would most likely start the Friday after the end of the term...

My concern is ensuring that P-Cola has physical custody of my acceptance letter and degree plan prior to the holiday break. Additionally, I was planning on taking at least one possibly two or three online class that begin on 15NOV, which would end the first week of February. These future online classes that I would like to take are not a necessety(sp? See, i need that class!), however, would significantly reduce the load both school wise and especially financially. I am working against the clock (I know, we all are, but I have only one year after NSI to get my degree. I'll be 29 in 2009.)

That might help explain why I am in freak mode regarding this matter. I wrote a polite email to ERAU Admissions explaining my issue and politely stating that if I cannot get that letter prior to December, I may have to take my classes and the Navy's $10K elsewhere. I've been enrolled as a ERAU worldwide Student since '05, I didn't realize it would be difficult to transfer during a semester to what is in there eyes two different colleges. It's two different colleges with the same name. It's like Hydrox and Oreo's...They are the same thing.....Or Ring Dings and Ding Dongs.... Blonds and brunettes that die there hair blong...ok, that one was just for fun, but you get the picture....

k_smittay

I understand what you are saying 53flyguy, that sucks. Keep hasseling the admissions office to at least give you a temp acceptance letter. You already know that they will allow you to transfer to Daytona. Tell them you just need the paperwork for the time being so you can submit it to the navy. Also remember that the Navy's $10K for school will only cover about 1-1.5 classes per semester at the Daytona beach campus so be prepared to drop alot of cash quickly on school. The summer sessions will be the most expensive because the navy gives you $2000 and you are required to take 12 hours. So the navy will only pay for 2 hours during the summer semester, the other 10 ($10,000) is out of pocket. Good luck man.

Don't let the man hold you back.

mh53eflyguy

Stashed...again.
I understand what you are saying 53flyguy, that sucks. Keep hasseling the admissions office to at least give you a temp acceptance letter. You already know that they will allow you to transfer to Daytona. Tell them you just need the paperwork for the time being so you can submit it to the navy. Also remember that the Navy's $10K for school will only cover about 1-1.5 classes per semester at the Daytona beach campus so be prepared to drop alot of cash quickly on school. The summer sessions will be the most expensive because the navy gives you $2000 and you are required to take 12 hours. So the navy will only pay for 2 hours during the summer semester, the other 10 ($10,000) is out of pocket. Good luck man.

Don't let the man hold you back.

You are correct when you mention that $10K is not a lot and does not go far at ERAU. however, it is guarrenteed money for them, and i would be surprised to hear them not wanting that "free" gov't money!

I will be filling out the FAFSA's for the maxium amount possible, and I am planning on at least $60K in student loans to pay back (IN ONE YEAR, $60K!!!!! %#$#@)

I will call down there again today and bug them, I'm sure that when they see my number on their caller ID and shudder by now....

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
You are correct when you mention that $10K is not a lot and does not go far at ERAU. however, it is guarrenteed money for them, and i would be surprised to hear them not wanting that "free" gov't money!

I will be filling out the FAFSA's for the maxium amount possible, and I am planning on at least $60K in student loans to pay back (IN ONE YEAR, $60K!!!!! %#$#@)

I will call down there again today and bug them, I'm sure that when they see my number on their caller ID and shudder by now....
I filled out the FAFSA already for myself. I was pissed, I fall into that crappy area where you make too much money to get any help and not anywhere near enough to be able to cover it without borrowing. :(

k_smittay

Finally.. the folks in pensacola have thrown me a bone.. got an update on my physical/placement page...

Physical/Placement Information
Physical Info was received on: 19 Oct 2007
Your Physical Status is: PENDING NOMI REVIEW as of: Data not available
Medical Comments:
Your HIV date is: 16 Feb 2007
Physical sent to NOMI: 23 Oct 2007
Physical sent to BUMED: 19 Oct 2007
Degree Plan: Valid
Degree Plan Comments:
School Acceptance: Yes
Page 13: Received
Orders Requested: Data not available

The darn medical stuff is taking awhile... hopefully they didn't find something they dont like.

Soooo.. how do the orders work from here on out? Do we just wait and see when they pop up? Or do we have to do anything else on our end? :sleep_125