• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Next Pilot/NFO/SWO Rolling Board in February 2015

KMC1020

I haven't heard anything but it looks like the ones getting their FINSEL rather quickly are people who were prior enlisted since their security clearance didn't take as long.

Jeremy Goods

I haven't heard anything but it looks like the ones getting their FINSEL rather quickly are people who were prior enlisted since their security clearance didn't take as long.
There's still quite a few of us prior service waiting still. Hopefully they keep rolling through.

bluehens15

I feel like a lot of applicants are still fresh out of college, so should a clearance really take that long for someone who has been in school basically their entire life?

KMC1020

Well I can't speak for anyone else but I went to school part time and worked a few different jobs. Plus my husband was in the Marine Corps which had us move 4 times on 5 years. I don't know if those factors effect the time it'll take for my clearance but I'm assuming so since it took me forever to fill out the background check

haimehhh

oh yes, we're the most nefarious type of people. maybe it's because we haven't had enough time to do anything remarkably awful, they need to be positive that we won't in the future.

Tbeny

I was Pro Rec for SWO this past February 2015 Board. After being selected and sending them proper documentation: Naturalization papers, a letter to Embassy renouncing me foreign citizenship, and finger prints. I am waiting for the background check. So far I haven't heard anything and haven't received my FINSEL. I was wondering how long does it take for them to complete a background check?

mz247

I was Pro Rec for SWO this past February 2015 Board. After being selected and sending them proper documentation: Naturalization papers, a letter to Embassy renouncing me foreign citizenship, and finger prints. I am waiting for the background check. So far I haven't heard anything and haven't received my FINSEL. I was wondering how long does it take for them to complete a background check?
It depends on how difficult your clearance is to complete.
Mine too around a month to complete fully from the day I was contacted, to the day my last resource was contacted.

I'm sure you could get it done in about 2 weeks though.

Tbeny

It depends on how difficult your clearance is to complete.
Mine too around a month to complete fully from the day I was contacted, to the day my last resource was contacted.

I'm sure you could get it done in about 2 weeks though.

Thanks for the reply. Next week it will be 2 months since I got pro rec and sent in all my information. So after your background check, they sent you your final select papers?

mz247

Thanks for the reply. Next week it will be 2 months since I got pro rec and sent in all my information. So after your background check, they sent you your final select papers?
Sounds about right
However I finished my background check before I was even Pro-Rec'd
So idk if there is a particular order.