• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Next Board ~ April 2011

Flying Toaster

None
Awesome.... A nice little preview for us civvies of what it's like to be at the whims of .mil.

I have to imagine this is just the beginning, with such high retention and impending cuts it seems like the next couple FY's of Navy and AF officers will be made up almost entirely of ROTC and Academy guys.

Lucy

Rule of Thumb: If your OR lets you submit, then do so. If he/she doesn't than make sure packet is ready to go as soon as it can. If your OR says cancelled/postponed/etc then thats pretty much it. Saying someone on some forum said otherwise will likely not go over well.

I understand that this is stressful, annoying, frustrating, and a multitude of other emotions. However, everyone going back and forth, especially since there is so much conflicting information, is helping no one.

Let's all try to get to mid-march with relative calm. Something about being even keeled?

Best to everyone,
Lucy

HueyHornet75

pilot
"I'm up, they see me, I'm down."

Guys get used to the "word" changing rapidly like that. You have to learn how to not spool so quickly...I've seen a lot of that from you guys freaking out over an ASTB score or something similar and it's driving me nuts. You want to be an Officer, then relax. Adapt. Kill your competition. If it doesn't work out, get a job. Good luck.

If the April SNA/NFO board is really back on, does anyone know if they are still taking applications for it? The reason I ask is because my package was finalized literally the day before my OR got word that the board had been cancelled. So the only thing my package needs is to be submitted. I understand that the board may be back on, but they still might be full with applications, so I'm just wondering if I can try to get my package in there, or if I still just need to wait for the next one. Thanks for all the help, and good luck to those that made it.

TheBirdy

pilot
Does anyone know the deadline to get your application in by for the April boards? I remember reading March 25th somewhere, but I want to double check. I know I should be asking my recruiter, but he's currently not calling me back/emailing me.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
Does anyone here know if an age waiver is needed for prior enlisted before the board.. or can it be done after?

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
Does anyone here know if an age waiver is needed for prior enlisted before the board.. or can it be done after?

I never did anything with mine. I don't think my OR did anything either. It may just be one of those things that everyone sees you are prior and thus you have a different age limit then everyone else. They may not bother with it until you get your FS paperwork (I don't know yet if this is the case). Either way don't worry about it.

I will be applying to this board by the way if it happens for SNA.

23/m/non-prior
SNA applicant
ASTB: 8/8/9 62

University of Mary Hardin-Baylor: Double major in Corporate Finance and Marketing 3.39GPA

Awards and such:
Salesperson of the year 2010 (Car sales)
Marketing student of the year 2009
Dean's list and Provost's Honor Roll several times
Private Pilot Certificate and I currently have about 44 hours in a C172

LOR's:
1 from a retired E-8 and current manager
1 from a former employer during an internship
1 from a former professor

I haven't interviewed with anyone yet. My OR suggested that I wait to interview in case I don't get selected because it will be a way to significantly improve my packet and avoid some waiting period or something. It makes me feel a bit uncomfortable but I am just going to go ahead and trust his judgment. I have leadership experience through about 4 or 5 different organizations in college where I either lead or co-directed an event or group. I am glad to be on here with everyone. Good luck!