• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Next Board ~ April 2011

T

Triangles

I'm up for the April boards, good luck everyone!

Applying for SNA only

Degree: Physics 3.5 gpa from UNC
ASTB: not disclosed
Prior Service: Navy, E-6, (5 yrs active, 2 reserve)

Leadership:
-Military experience serving onboard aircraft carrier (5yrs) Dual warefare qualified, one deployment
-High School Wrestling Offical (2yrs), Varsity High School wrestling coach (1yr)
-Tutor College and Linear Algebra,Trig, Calculus and Diff Eq at my college
-Worked as a astrophyicsist summer research assistant (published twice)

Flight hours: Got my PPL SEL in 36.4 hrs, I have 40hrs on the books. Going for my PPL SES in the spring! Never know when that could come in handy!

LOR:
- Navy NFO O-6 former CO
- Navy Pilot O-6
-1 professor

P.s. If I get selected in April's Board, I will post my motivational statement for others needing help. Best to all

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
So is a reconsideration letter needed for those who submit 6 months after.. Or is that only if you have a significant change and submit before the 6 months..

Sonog

pilot
Applying SNA/SNFO

7/6/8 59
M 24 non-prior
Cornell University
Biological Engineering gpa:2.61
Varsity athlete

What has the average time been to hear back from boards once they convene? 2 weeks?

that mike guy

JSUPT primary @ VAFB, Enid, OK
What has the average time been to hear back from boards once they convene? 2 weeks?

November was the last board that took place; IIRC it took a bit less than 2 weeks. However, I think they did rush these results to get them out before thanksgiving. Let's wait and see what some other people say, but I think 2-3 weeks is the norm.

Might be worth noting that this will be the first board in 5 months so there may be more applicants thus taking longer, but what do i know.

jaden1121

My OR told me that my Packet was going before the January 2011 board for Supply. If I'm Non-Select there it goes before SWO in April. I guess what I'm asking is have any of you heard differently or am I one of the few around going before Supply and no one else has posted?

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
Does anyone know the amount of slots allotted for this board? I'm sure it's as a percentage.. Any idea where to find the info at?

Lucy

If you find last years quota for each desginator take around 60% of that is what should be close as a total for all spring boards. For example Intel last year was around 70, 60% of that is 42 and there is only one board. But SWO I think was close to 250 quota last year, 60% is 150 between 3 boards so about 50 each board. On phone but when I get a chance to get on my comp ill try to do all desginators. To some extent the quotas will be met. However, they will take less and just add a board if not enough people are qualified.

TheBirdy

pilot
M/20/Non-prior
DA SNA
ASTB- 7/7/7 58

University of Florida Major: Mathematics, GPA: 2.57 (my biggest weak point)
Graduated 8/356 at my medical magnet HS, GPA: 4.7

Awards:
Bright Future's Scholarship
Presidential Honor's Award
Volunteer Honor's Award
Top 10 Honor's

LOR's:
1 from Volunteer Coordinator at Cleveland Clinic Florida, 1 from Hindu temple board member, 1 from H.S. teacher who was in the USMC

Extracurriculars/Activities:
Indian Student Association member
Intramural flag football
Volunteered at Cleveland Clinic for 430+ Hrs./Head volunteer
Volunteered at my Hindu temple for 100+ Hrs.
Secretary of Math Team/Math Tutoring

After months of waiting and finally getting PRK done, my recruiter told me I will be going up for the April boards. Definitely going for the whole person concept. Hoping my ASTB score and my extracurriculars make up for my low GPA.

Just got word I will be up for April

Male, 23, Non-Prior
Applying SNA
8/7/8 65
Ohio State University-graduating in June
3.13 Mechanical Engineering
3.49, 3.66, 3.51 GPA's in past 3 quarters-all ME classes
Executive Committee of fraternity
Eagle Scout
~2 years of engineering co-op experience
LOR's-Professor and 2 former employers
Recently completed full marathon and 1/2 marathon

Kay

I'll be going up for the April as well...

F/25/Non-Prior
Applying Intel, SWO, SNA
47 5/5/5
3.02 BA Psychology
8 LOR (3 past employers, 1 current employer, 2 retired Navy Captains, 1 retired Marine, 1 congressman)
Returned Peace Corps Volunteer (27month service)
Languages: English, Romanian

reno-congratulations on your first marathon and half. I am running my first half in May, a bit nervous.

Lucy

Hey Kay how long has it been since you were in the peace corps? There's a 4 year wait between peace corp and being eligible for Intel. Not sure which way the rule comes from though. It's deemed a conflict of interes. at least that is what ive been told.

Kay

I got out 6 months ago. I have heard that too (except 5 years). When I first started talking to my recruiter I brought that up but she said I could still apply and I did not need to wait. Guess I will just see what happens. If it does turn out I need to wait, I will just focus on SWO, SNA, or Supply (going for the March boards).

Lucy

Cool. Hopefully it works out. Just fyi kinda thing. Board is scheduled for April, and you turn stuff in by March. Don't want you hoping for results a whole month early.:) where'd you go for the pc btw?

Kay

No worries, I know. I do not expect to hear anything until May. My recruiter is sending my packet for the Supply boards in March and then again for the others in April. Now, I just have to have patience waiting for May...I just plan on doing a lot of PT.

I was in Moldova (also where I learned Romanian and a small bit of Russian) for PC, it is between Ukraine and Romania (most people have never heard of it).