• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Next Board ~ April 2011

TheBirdy

pilot
Where is everyone listing their Volunteer work on the new application? It doesn't seem right to list it in the motivational statement..

I mentioned mine in my motivational statement. Use the remarks section on the new application.

Lucy

Some that is relevent I mentioned in my moto statement. Mostly in my resubmit letter though. I used part of section 15 to list my locations/dates. However, I listed the 3-4 places with over 100 hours at each (over 900 total in two years), not any day/weekend ones.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
So I have various volunteer hours.. Like 6 to 8 hours on a couple and one with 20 hours.. plus raising some money for relay for life.. Is any of this worth mentioning? I think I only have like 60hrs total of volunteer work across 6 or 7 events. I mean I want to add anything I can to boost me every inch, but at the same time I don't want to waste time putting it in there if it's not meaningful..

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
Why not put it? The last time I did volunteer work was about 3 years ago and it was only 10 hours but I still put it down.

MGoBrew11

pilot
Resubmitting after a non-select in November

21, M

3.58 GPA from Univ. of Mich.
8/9/8 61 ASTB (was previously a 5/5/5 52)

VP of fraternity
Raised about $1,000 for an orphanage in Africa last year
Do about 10 hours of community service a week
Ran a marathon in 3:02
Various other clubs/activities

Standard letters (although none from active duty personnel)

Only blemish this time around is a MIP. Hope that won't hurt too much. Excited to get my name back in the hat!

EDIT: Oh yeah, applying NFO, Intel and IW, would definitely apply SNA but I wear glasses. Too late to go through the whole surgery thing if I want to get a pro-rec/final select in the April cycle.

Lucy

Hey Sorry,

Didn't mean to imply not to put it, just rather be brief. Maybe something like "I have volunteered over 60 hours through various functions while attending school/between x and y, at various locations including (top 3).
Not saying this is the only way to go by anymeans, but unless you have a LOR from the place too much information might not be a good thing.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor

21, M

VP of fraternity

Only blemish this time around is a MIP. Hope that won't hurt too much. Excited to get my name back in the hat!

EDIT: Oh yeah, applying NFO, Intel and IW, would definitely apply SNA but I wear glasses. Too late to go through the whole surgery thing if I want to get a pro-rec/final select in the April cycle.

Nice job. Good Luck!

Sparticusjmr

FS SNA Newport 21 Oct
Alrighty then. Here we go again. I’m a re-apply from last Oct.
M/ 23/Non Prior
SNA/NFO…. SWO? Maybe.
3.8 GPA B.B.A Finance Austin Peay State University ‘09
3.75 current GPA Master’s in Management APSU. Graduating in May
Member of Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
Historian of Gamma Beta Phi Service based honor society where I participated in several community service events.
Volunteered 10 hrs for Salvation Army last Christmas
PRK on eyes. Currently 20/20

ASTB: 8/8/8 63

LOR: 2 current bosses (one Captain of Campus Police where I work former enlisted Marine/Army officer Bronze Star Recipient. The other Tech Supervisor that was a former Captain of Police and SWAT team commander)
One retired Cobra Pilot (Distinguished Flying Cross Recipient)
One retired Master Sergeant (Bronze Star Recipient x2)

Interview with current Captain, C/O of Vanderbilt ROTC program. (I think it went well. Won’t know for a few days)

Now here’s the kicker. April of ’09 I had some trouble with the law. Pulled an idiot move leaving a pre-graduation party. Charged with DUI, Evading, Implied Consent, and Reckless driving. Only convicted with Implied Consent and Reckless driving. DUI/Evading dropped and expunged. I’m pretty sure this is why I was a non-select last time. I’m hoping they will understand this was a one time, terrible judgment call. No other trouble than that. Also I worked at the time, and still work at a police department.

that mike guy

JSUPT primary @ VAFB, Enid, OK
Hey Sorry,

Didn't mean to imply not to put it, just rather be brief. Maybe something like "I have volunteered over 60 hours through various functions while attending school/between x and y, at various locations including (top 3).
Not saying this is the only way to go by anymeans, but unless you have a LOR from the place too much information might not be a good thing.

Exactly what I did as well.

dfmeza87

21, M

VP of fraternity

Great marathon time Brenbuck! I thought I my legs were going to fall off with my time.

MGoBrew11

pilot
Yeah, thanks man. It was a blast. Definitely want to do another one someday. All the high school mileage definitely pays off.

Lucy

Not 100% but I think it is a year... at least I hope so! About 3 or 4 of my LORs wold be unrealistic(ie one is in AFG) to get new ones of.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
Not 100% but I think it is a year... at least I hope so! About 3 or 4 of my LORs wold be unrealistic(ie one is in AFG) to get new ones of.

Lol yea same here! If it is 6 months.. I guess I can say goodbye to April's board.

Lucy

Got the Ok from school to graduate this spring so here goes!

22/f/non
Intel/NFO/IW (SWO-IW for the June/July board if its still an option)

BA in Social Science with a minor in Intl. Studies. Concentrations in European studies and Sociology/Geography. Overall GPA 3.5, school 3.75, and will have honors at graduation.
ASTB 56 5/5/5
7 LORs
900+ volunteer hours in two years, leadership on campus and work, french, some japanese, VA at japanese/english school, french, tae kwon do, model UN, half dozen scholarships/awards, work since 16, previous security clearence

Starting my MA in International Relations in July.

Think that covers most of it.

Good luck everybody!