• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Next Board ~ April 2011

Lucy

So I do believe that there is at least one thread dedicated to this discussion. This is not it. I know we all are disappointed about the state of the boards. However, making rash remarks and judgement calls is inappropriate and not helpful, more so for those new to this process. Remember what we all are suppose to be representing as potential officers. Just something to think on.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
Off topic, so I had 3 reps and had gotten an additional 3 reps just now... Why do I still only show 3 reps? Does it take a bit to go through?

I believe it goes by points. The Rep Power indicates how many points each persons reputation equals which leads to how many points you will receive...

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
I think a better argument would be, is ROTC or a Service Academy education a cost effective way of training future leaders. With a tightening budget, it seems that the numbers would be in favor of more OCS slots, and fewer ROTC and Academy slots. I don't think anyone would argue that great leaders are produced from each source, the point is, can we train them cheaper?

There you go... Thinking all ARMY on us! ;)... You are making too much sense... You need to lock it up with that stuff! ;)

Sonog

pilot
I really don't understand why SNA boards would be cancelled/postponed. They still have FY2011 quotas to meet.

I would put my money on this flip back and forth with the boards based on the fact that congress still has not passed A FY2011 budget yet. I work for the DON out here at pearl and our future money is dependent on this as well. If it is not resolved by march 18 we don't have work till it is. Just my .02 opinion on this.

Lucy

Good to know goofskater..

So...suspended until budget passed and then boards reinstated to some extent. Heres hoping for "have some money" vs. "no money for you!". :-P

That is all just speculation to their motivations but given the situation it makes sense to me. I am not sure how it will affect numbers after one is passed though. Here is hoping for the coin to land on our side.

Lucy

I think any speculation of the positive is helpful. :) Crazy either way though, esp. considering that FY11 is almost half over...:confused: Hope you get to keep working?

GreenLantern330

For all the rumors floating around about closed boards, I contacted the Fleet OCS processor and this is what he emailed me back:

The SWO board is moved to November. Reason is no class seats available for FY11 or FY12 for SWO. I do not have anything in writing from the INTEL Community. However, the Program Managers for the INTEL Communities have stated that the classes are filling up fast for that Community. All other Communities are open for business. Recommend not choosing SWO until November timeframe. It is your choice on whether or not to pick a designator in the INTEL Community.

Hope this can clear things up for everyone. I received this information at about 10:30 AM.

VNE

Hold on, slow your roll. I was emailed by my recruiter about an hour ago that it is highly likely the April boards will be cancelled. Yet, it's not for certain yet. He said that Big Navy will most likely make the final decision today. Now is the time to say a prayer, put on your lucky underwear, break out that rabbit's foot, and kiss your 4 leaf clover.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
I honestly don't care if I leave 2 yrs from now. I wish they would just hold a board and choose people so if accepted you can at least start everything else, and know you're accepted.