• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Initiatives from SECNAV

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The breathalyzer is here, sort of. From MCPON:

"Enjoy the breathalyzers bitches, I'm out...."

Gotta love last minute sweeping changes from a guy that is retiring. There otta be a rule....

-ea6bflyr ;)

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
I have no idea if there is a relation, but had an interesting experience a couple weeks back. While in Rota, Spain the drinking age was 21 & up. It was not announced, but at some point all sober personnel, the sober buddy and the underage personnel, were breathalyzed when they returned from liberty. Note, these were people that were not in any way belligerent, or even appeared drunk, simply breathalyzed because they returned from liberty and were the designated sober person, or they were underage. Now, two weeks later, the number of cases at captains mast is amazing. . .

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I have no idea if there is a relation, but had an interesting experience a couple weeks back. While in Rota, Spain the drinking age was 21 & up. It was not announced, but at some point all sober personnel, the sober buddy and the underage personnel, were breathalyzed when they returned from liberty. Note, these were people that were not in any way belligerent, or even appeared drunk, simply breathalyzed because they returned from liberty and were the designated sober person, or they were underage. Now, two weeks later, the number of cases at captains mast is amazing. . .
That kind of follows the old addage: be careful what questions you ask, you may not like the answer.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Mast? But secnav said the tests weren't going to be used for punitive purposes, just counseling and treatment....glad to see how long that lasted.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator

They were requiring a designated sober person in Rota? That's just wrong to begin with.

MasterBates

Yep. Yes, they disobeyed an order. But when orders get that retarded you gotta say the command was all but asking for it.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
I wonder what vertical velocity is required to render the breathalyzer permanently ineffective....if the supply chain for those is anything like flightsuits or ethernet ports, it could be a long time before one that was "accidentally" dropped gets replaced....just saying....

koolaiddrinker

"Strategic Planner" Hahahahahahaha
pilot
But it's POSITIVE INTRUSIVE LEADERSHIP!!!

I'm still confused by the concept of intrusive leadership. According to dictionary.com, synonyms for intrusive are annoying, bothersome, interfering, distracting, irksome, worrisome, troublesome, irritating, and disturbing. This is what a leader is supposed to be?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm still confused by the concept of intrusive leadership. According to dictionary.com, synonyms for intrusive are annoying, bothersome, interfering, distracting, irksome, worrisome, troublesome, irritating, and disturbing. This is what a leader is supposed to be?
It's what happens when people stop being leaders and simply serve as a warden.

MasterBates

Yet it was something I was wailed upon for not doing as a JOPA member in my last command. Had never fucking heard of it in HSL land as an ENS or JG, but it was something apparently desired by higher when I was a LT flying Hummers.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Yet it was something I was wailed upon for not doing as a JOPA member in my last command. Had never fucking heard of it in HSL land as an ENS or JG, but it was something apparently desired by higher when I was a LT flying Hummers.

It was around about the time you showed up at HSL land. I think it came out when I was on deployment in 2004. I think my det Chief tried to intrusively lead by buying myself, the Det Ops and the Det OIC a lap dance (not performed by him).

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
From the origninal article:

Mabus said the tests will not be used for punitive purposes but to identify sailors in need of training, counseling or treatment.

So much for this test not being used for punative reasons...