• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Army uniform unveiled; Opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
gotcha.

And I can understand being annoyed at stealing the covers. There is no tactical advantage there. I can understand that as a Marine thing.

H20man

Drill baby drill!
the army is also getting new boots according to that article.

"Soldiers also will get a new, no-shine, tan combat boot, and the current black boots will be discontinued."

whitedc

I'm at a loss here. We have the woodland cammo BDUs now, right? Everyone has the same pattern. The nametapes and hats may change but the pattern and the colors are the same. The Marine Corps came out with their technologically advanced, state of the art BDUs that are functional as well as fashionable (which is to say that they look like a combat uniform, not that models will be walking the runways of Paris in them). Why do we need to waste millions in development, wear testing, prototype construction and make all of us buy new uniforms? How 'bout we just all use the Marine ones....Or is that too sensible?

04Hopeful

EA3 -> IS3 -> Intel O1(hopefully)
I think its because the Marine Corps uniform has their little emblem throughout the camo and no one has been able to figure out how to make that into a Army emblem ;-)

whitedc

Well, the air force could throw their eight little polygons and a circle in there instead of the eagle and the globe. That would maintain the uniqueness that the services are looking for. In the case of the air force, I'm worried about this thing getting people killed! Sure, we will look fine in European dance clubs but its not subdued at all! In fact, unless were lying in a field of tulips and orchids we're not blending in with $h!t :skull_125

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Yes, helos fly low, so their primary threat is someone looking UP against the sky. Not that many bad dudes with fighters and look-down-shoot-down radars. A LOT with AKs, RPGs, SA-7s, etc. Gray is a much better color than green for most scenarios.

LoneSailor

Which one would you choose?

This

or

This

I like the first one because of the fact that it has zipper crotch for easy access! :D

The second one looks like he isn't too happy wearing that uniform.

reapergm

Halo, thats what it is. Its the new player to player real kill version of Halo. F'n Sweet!!!

Honestly, in thinking about the new uniforms... they creep me out. They look like foreign BDUs. Like the kind you see in those old 80's Red Dawnish flicks. Where the enemy always speaks English with a bad accent and gets his arse kicked by a former Mr. Olympian... like that.

zuggerat

Red Heat with aAARNNNNOOLLLD SCHWARTZENEGGER!!!! and james belushi... eYUEYUEHUHYHUYUYUHAYHYAUHAYAHUH.... what u want on ur pizza? i dont care, everything comes with pepperoni and nine millimeter bullets on it. you dont like nine millimeter bullets? then i take a pepperoni and punch it through your head.

oh arnold, he's so...... austrian

Arc Angel

2nd Lt at TBS
I can live with the new Air Force uniforms; sure they're ugly, but the Army... my God what were they smoking when they dreamed up that hidious thing? My first instinct is to take a k-bar to that damn collar and go to work.

Nikki

I am disgusted by the new Air Force uniform..Praise God I should be out by the time that is phased in. I need to finish school now so that I can cross out of the blue. I don't want to look like a combat smurf. However, the new army uniform is beyond rediculous. I thought I (Air Force) had it bad. At least I don't look like I belong in WWII. The A.F. does have the little star trecky symblol embedded. Take a looky.
http://www.af.mil/photos/story_photos.asp?storyID=123005370

Status
Not open for further replies.