• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Army uniform unveiled; Opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbybrock

None
Gents,
You don't even know the whole story. The new BDU or whatever we are calling it is just the begining. I'm an Army H-60 bubba who has to deal with the changes.
We are in the process of changing our whole aviation structure along with a s**& load of other things. We are even getting aboard with the rest of you guys and painting our a/c grey.
Believe me, it is more painful then you could imagine.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Painting your aircraft gray? I understand why ours are gray, but why the Army's?

manny7_99

LoL, sorry thumper

thumper said:
Manny7,

I assumed you had served in a Ranger Battalion.

Negative, I was just referring to the collars and how uncomfortable they look. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

zuggerat

those are the ugliest uniforms ever, nothing like velcroed on insignias and rankings to make you feel like a pawn of the united states army

reapergm

Yeah, I dont think the universal cami pattern is a good idea. I dont think it blends with the jungle worth jack. Granted we're in the desert right now, but that wont last forever, and either will those uniforms. Ugly as sin. Im all in support of using what works. If the Marine cammies work, then by all means, share it. Save some soldier by a Marine idea. But they made an awful rendition.

Fly Navy - Hey is that the monster that kills the kittens when you masterbate?!?!!? LOL

bobbybrock

None
Fly navy,
Well reason for the a/c color change has come in the last year or so. So that should tell you why. I'm actually all for it.
The army, to include our air wing was still planning on warding off the Ruusian hord. I guess the senior leadership is finally waking up.They are getting a lot of help from Rumsfeld who has been instrumental in the Army transformation.

VAmookie

When i first read this post, i was thinking, you know, if the army thinks this uniform change will help them be more effective soldiers then its a good idea. Then i looked at the picture... Holy 5h!t those things are ugly. Not only now do they have to worry about being a targeted by the enemy, Americans may want to shoot at them for being so damn ugly. Lessoned learned, look at the pic first, then judge.

bobbybrock

None
Yes, grey blends in better. It only took the army what, 35 years to figure it out.
As far as our blackhawks being black, well they are actually o/d. The 160th bubbas are the only guys wh actually fly black blackhawk. And I thik they are going to be the first to go grey.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
JetJunkie said:
Grey blends in better with the surroundings (particularily the sky or tan with the sand) than BLACK during the daytime.

Better than tan or camo? Helos fly low. I don't think you have to worry about the pointy nosed guys looking UP at them against the sky, but that's just me. I guess it makes sense for a horizontal shot from the ground though.

Status
Not open for further replies.