• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Army uniform unveiled; Opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoneSailor

Yes I know this is the USMC section, but I wanted the opinions from the devil dogs themselves on how they feel about the new Army bdu's. Reason being is the new Army bdu's now have the digi pattern much like the ones used by the Marines. They are also going to be issued boots similar to what the Marines use.

I remember a while back the Army Times did a poll on which uniforms soldiers like the most, and it turned out the Marines' digi pattern was the top choice.

I thought the digi pattern was exclusive to the corps and that the Marines would not and did not want to give the Army permission to use the digis?

I'm sure this is probobly going to pi$$ off some of you. :icon_rage

Article Here

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
Nah, no big deal. If the cammy pattern works, why should we be stingy. The "exclusiveness" you're referring to is the Marines use of Eagle Globe and Anchors in their pattern. They're similar, but not the same. Besides, the picture I saw, the kid looked like a bag of crap. Literally.

ControlledBurn

ERAU Student
I really hope they plan on getting digital nametapes like the Corps, because the OD tapes on the digital background stands out like crazy.

Dustball

2nd LT
That is the nastiest looking uniform in the service. I pitty the fool who wears this uniform, I do, I do, I pitty the fool.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
What's with the sci-fi movie collar? Looks like an extra from Starship Troopers. The qual insignia look particularly, well, gay...but as Seinfeld said, "not that there's anything wrong with that."

usmc03

I am a Marine, but I value the Army, as I do all of our services. The Army's constant attempt to update it's culture/uniform/slogan/mission/etc., however, is just becoming pathetic. The Army will never pull off the image/pride/reputation/etc. that the Marine Corps does. Does this mean they shouldn't update to use more practical bdu's? Certainly not. But I feel, and this is just one random Marine's opinion, that this is simply one more failed attempt of the Army to imitate the Marine Corps. When will they give up.

thumper

They need to work this out. The world is changing and the impression I get is that the Army is unable to change with it. Many lessons could be learned from the Marines, however, the institution seems inflexible. If they give up, alot of soldiers will pay a heavy price for political failures.

manny7_99

Are they planning to have only one cammo for all terrains? bad idea. Also, that collar seems quite uncomfortable. I may be able to handle Ranger School but don't think I could handle that collar

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
A) If Marines get pissed off at another service using a CAMOFLOUGE PATTERN, then they need to RE-EVALUATE their thinking. It's for COMBAT, not a god-damn fashion show.

B) WOW that color scheme is ugly. Is it effective?

C) We're looking more and more like the Wermacht everytime we change uniforms LOL

rare21

pilot
Contributor
i think the new Air Force blue cammies are the worst of everything. at least the army ones have a practical purpose.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
rare21 said:
i think the new Air Force blue cammies are the worst of everything. at least the army ones have a practical purpose.

I second this.

Status
Not open for further replies.