• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New AirWarriors Header

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Excellent header web-maestro. Speaking of Naval Aviator numbers, I didn't get one. Do they still do that?

Sadly they stopped that many many years ago. Same with the Marines. I wish I had a number like AA Cunningham (NA #5, MA#1).

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Sadly they stopped that many many years ago. Same with the Marines. I wish I had a number like AA Cunningham (NA #5, MA#1).
I think we should do a survey about bringing that back.
Heck, I'd be all for bringing that back!

We lucked out in the helo community...we were assigned a Naval Aviator helo specific number upon winging (see pic below)...not sure if they still do that today in the helo community. We did not receive a Naval Aviator system wide number.

Last edited:

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Did you do 30 years total? If I were to end up making O-4 (highly unlikely) I think I would end up at 29 or so. I commissioned at 9 years.

croakerfish

pilot
Heck, I'd be all for bringing that back!

We lucked out in the helo community...we were assigned a Naval Aviator helo specific number upon winging (see pic below)...not sure if they still do that today in the helo community. We did not receive a Naval Aviator system wide number.

We still do that. We got ours on our winging steins too.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
We received no steins either...and if all aviators aren't getting numbers, how do you know yours is correct?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
We received no steins either...and if all aviators aren't getting numbers, how do you know yours is correct?

Because it's a helicopter pilot number and there's only one place you can get those. If you'll notice, it's a NASWF form. I'm pretty sure Wing 5 has an up to date tally on who has made it through the HTs.

The steins aren't so much "received," as purchased by the winging class. My winging class made them so that our TMS is on one side and our wings and number are on the other. Pretty cool display item, but too much of a pain in the ass to drink my Scotch from.