• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New AirWarriors Header

HokiePilot

pilot
Contributor
I have talked to a few former Army now Coastie DCAs. They get even get Naval Helo Pilot numbers issued to them out of the list the TW-5 maintains.

Hotdogs

I don’t care if I hurt your feelings
pilot
http://www.janes.com/article/42729/uh-1n-huey-retired-from-usmc-service

Not a Huey guy myself, but the UH-1N airframe is one of the last Marine Corps platform to actually have served since the Vietnam timeframe (Might be some reserve 46s still out there though...not sure) and has been sundowned with in the last couple of months replaced with the new UH-1Y. Oldest BuNo dates back to around '71 IIRC. Might be worth a new header once the F-14 one gets some mileage on it. The current one is pretty sharp too btw.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
http://www.janes.com/article/42729/uh-1n-huey-retired-from-usmc-service

Not a Huey guy myself, but the UH-1N airframe is one of the last Marine Corps platform to actually have served since the Vietnam timeframe (Might be some reserve 46s still out there though...not sure) and has been sundowned with in the last couple of months replaced with the new UH-1Y. Oldest BuNo dates back to around '71 IIRC. Might be worth a new header once the F-14 one gets some mileage on it. The current one is pretty sharp too btw.
Agree. Celebrate the Huey on the occasion of the old "N" retirement. Hueys are long gone from the Army. The USAF operates about 60 "Ns" for ICBM security/log, some resurrected from USMC cast offs. How is that for a turn about.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
VF-32 old school beat down............remember kiddies to turn the volume up on the heat growl.

A Tomcat guy in my first squadron gave us a rundown about how that fight went, it wasn't pretty from the Tomcat side of things.

Hotdogs

I don’t care if I hurt your feelings
pilot
USAF still fly a handful of Hueys out of Andrews for VIP transport.

Correct, but my point is that it is not a tactical aircraft anymore and essentially being used for admin, and is no longer used in USMC service anymore. I don't have a huge dog in this fight, but realized the lack of attention with regards to the UH-1N retirement. Just food for thought for the future.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
USAF still fly a handful of Hueys out of Andrews for VIP transport.

Correct, but my point is that it is not a tactical aircraft anymore and essentially being used for admin, and is no longer used in USMC service anymore. I don't have a huge dog in this fight, but realized the lack of attention with regards to the UH-1N retirement. Just food for thought for the future.

We can just commemorate it's retirement from the USMC, we don't care much for the USAF on this site anyways...:)