• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New AirWarriors Header

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The coming ones look good. I like the VT/HT one. Might be interesting to some of the wannabes who frequent the site. Me personally, I'd like to see some more nostalgic stuff. Reach back to the dawn of Naval Aviation, F9Cs on an airship trapeze, Curtis NC-4 flying boat, Grumman F3F, etc

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
You did...Maybe I do need a snickers, but it's kind of uncool to tell your host when you are staying there for free that his house sucks. Maybe next time we can use actual adjetives and provide meaniful feedback instead of bitching.

Last time I checked, "..header is kinda lame...just saying..." is not quantifiable.

Did I take your comment personally? Yes. Both Nate and I have been volunteering our time to improve the site by creating various headers.
Roger that Mother Theresa...
Here's an updated version of my original "lame" post for you:
Dear Nate and SLB,
I fly prop driven aircraft and like to make fun of jet guys every chance I get. I see you spent 46 hours designing a new header that will help end cancer and hunger. While I am duly impressed by your achievement (NAM currently awaiting signature on Webmaster's desk) it has provided me an opportune target to rail against my pointy-nosed brethren. Who are lame.
Carry on.
That is all,
Pickle

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'd like to see some more nostalgic stuff. Reach back to the dawn of Naval Aviation, F9Cs on an airship trapeze, Curtis NC-4 flying boat, Grumman F3F, etc
Copy, your request is on the list.

Some Coastie love might be good too!
Copy, added to the list.

...words...
Appology accepted. Copy that you don't enjoy seeing jet aircraft and that you prefer planes with propellers. We will attempt to be more accomodating when considering our choices in the future.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If you have or find a cool photo that you'd like to see in a proposed banner, please send them to me & Nate (PM or post here) and we'll see what we come up with.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I thought we got enough of that on the thread full of Dauphin pics...

Diversity is our mission! Even if we do have to include some if our lesser known cousins that we only see at Thanksgiving and try to avoid the rest of the year.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
I don't know if it's a matter of site design or not, but is it possible for a bigger header or something that wraps around the forum? ie, instead of a regular banner with the blue background, can we get something that covers the rest of the area?

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I don't know if it's a matter of site design or not, but is it possible for a bigger header or something that wraps around the forum? ie, instead of a regular banner with the blue background, can we get something that covers the rest of the area?
I can modify the code for the top header graphic (size, location, etc). But I definitely don't have the photoshop or graphic editing skilz to create a suitable graphic to do that.

My main concern is that the graphic file size isn't too large.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
I think if it changes again, it should be something they can see from space...any ideas?