• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

new a-pool procedures

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottwith1t

east coast
pilot
Just saw the memo ...

summary:
New muster time at 0715 in the auditorium
uniform inspections 3 times a week
first comes study hall, then gym, then lunch, then study hall again or GMT, then a muster at 1345 and a-pool is dismissed.

if you are late or fail a uniform inspection you get a disciplinary notice
if your late or fail a uniform inspection a second time you get a pink sheet and a PRB

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
Just saw the memo ...

summary:
first comes study hall, then gym, then lunch, then study hall again or GMT, then a muster at 1345 and a-pool is dismissed.

if your late or fail a uniform inspection a second time you get a pink sheet and a PRB

Geez ^^^ so basically it's like being back in ROTC. :confused:

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
Just goes to show you: any good deal in the Navy will eventually be discovered, and eliminated.

bb1125

None
What brought this on? Did a SWO take over schools command?
Maybe studs complaining on their end of course critiques about how long the wait was, nothing to do, wasting taxpayers money, etc. I heard it when I was there. As with so many other ass-pain enducing rules and regs in the Navy, we probably brought it on ourselves. Feel sorry for you guys.:D

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
What brought this on? Did a SWO take over schools command?

No, apparently some of the officers in A-pool haven't exactly been acting like officers. The LT singled out the Academy guys in particular yesterday for a number of complaints she's gotten from O-5s and above about new A-poolers not showing proper respect. And then there was a rumor of somebody showing up drunk the other day...and then your standard ridiculous haircuts, lack of shaving, etc.

I'm hoping this won't stick because it sucks having to be part of the first A-pool to kinda almost work for their paycheck, but until these pieces of shit start acting like officers and not college students, my hopes aren't too high.

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
Is there any new info on that rumor about API being shortened to 3 weeks long?

The other day they mentioned briefly that some of us who just showed up might be part of a new 5 week syllabus experiment. Nothing definitive and no mention of a 3 week program yet.

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
No, apparently some of the officers in A-pool haven't exactly been acting like officers. The LT singled out the Academy guys in particular yesterday for a number of complaints she's gotten from O-5s and above about new A-poolers not showing proper respect. And then there was a rumor of somebody showing up drunk the other day...and then your standard ridiculous haircuts, lack of shaving, etc.

I'm hoping this won't stick because it sucks having to be part of the first A-pool to kinda almost work for their paycheck, but until these pieces of shit start acting like officers and not college students, my hopes aren't too high.

Call out, shun, and ridicule as required. That SUCKS for you guys. I did shit for three months.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Just saw the memo ...

summary:

Hahahaha. That blows. Sorry guys. So much for drinking and being a beach bum.

utak

Talked to a dude today who was in A-Pool, just finished IFS and starting API soon. He said something about a dude showing up drunk to muster, he also mentioned about someone else not showing up for the PRT, and, when ordered to report to the LT-in-charge in person, told her that he didn't have time cause he already had plans to go "scuba diving."

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
The LT that was in charge back in July 07 is probably still in charge now. She is a great person (she was my Div-O when I was still an AWAN) but her tolerance for Bullshit is pretty low. She was a prior OS1 if I remember right...

We had the "Tongue piercing" incident when I was in A-Pool...she had us line up because some dumbass was standing watch with his/her tongue piercing in, and an O-5 saw it. When she asked for the peole to volunteer themselves 1 male and 1 female stepped out with their tongue pirecings...in uniform, in formation...what a couple of douches! That was just the start of the pain/misery that signalled the end of the good deal. I'm willing to bet it will stick for a while this time, but as these things are cyclical, and the people on the shore duty who are incharge of A-pool don't want to deal with this shit any more than the next person, I bet it relaxes after a while.

I guess it will act as incentive to find a good stash job!

(And just to brag...I was in A-pool from 9/06 to 04/07...what a great time!)

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
The LT that was in charge back in July 07 is probably still in charge now. She is a great person (she was my Div-O when I was still an AWAN) but her tolerance for Bullshit is pretty low. She was a prior OS1 if I remember right...

We had the "Tongue piercing" incident when I was in A-Pool...she had us line up because some dumbass was standing watch with his/her tongue piercing in, and an O-5 saw it. When she asked for the peole to volunteer themselves 1 male and 1 female stepped out with their tongue pirecings...in uniform, in formation...what a couple of douches! That was just the start of the pain/misery that signalled the end of the good deal. I'm willing to bet it will stick for a while this time, but as these things are cyclical, and the people on the shore duty who are incharge of A-pool don't want to deal with this shit any more than the next person, I bet it relaxes after a while.

I guess it will act as incentive to find a good stash job!

(And just to brag...I was in A-pool from 9/06 to 04/07...what a great time!)

I guess they wanted to be individuals. What type of twisted logic motivates a person to do something so disrespectful and stupid? My mind is boggled.

Status
Not open for further replies.