• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

new a-pool procedures

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottwith1t

east coast
pilot
what i don't understand is why they don't just kick those types out of aviation? they're looking to get rid of SNA's so why not show people who cannot handle themselves the door? send them to be SWO's if they have a huge commitment.

instead they still have this witch hunt for OCS grads, people who actually WANT to be here unlike many of the academy and some ROTC types i've run into down here

lewisville1863

Wow, that sucks. I can understand if someone does something really stupid like show up wearing piercings, etc....but how did they find out someone showed up to muster drunk? I'm not condoning drinking before muster, but where were this dude's buddies? You take care of him / volunteer for anything he has to do / etc. and then make sure he knows you're not gonna save his @ss again (even though you probably will).

No reason something like that should be known up the chain unless it becomes a multiple offense kind of deal that can't be dealt with on the A-pool level, in my opinion. I thought A-pool was supposed to be kind of like JOPA-in-training?!?

He was from the Academy, I guess they don't learn that there. You won't see that happening to an OCS'er.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Sucks for the guys there, the four months I had in the pool was dedicated to lowering my golf game down to almost scratch :D

while we're at it, let's add SNA/FOs who wear their covers "at the dip" to the "kicked in the jimmy list," ... academy/kids with pedigrees I'm looking in your direction.

Or you could wear it at the dip, along with your brown shoes, and not look like a SWO.

He was from the Academy, I guess they don't learn that there. You won't see that happening to an OCS'er.

Must not have seen too many OCS'ers then eh? Believe me when I say that shitbags come from all walks of life. I would recommend you not hate on something that you know nothing about.

zoomie08

Fast, Neat, Average...

Are we really going to bash each other's commissioning sources here? I think some people are just screw ups and shouldn't be in aviation or the Navy. Doesn't matter where they come from.

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
You won't see that happening to an OCS'er.

Yeah, as a NROTC product, this has been my first experience interacting with a lot of OCS guys and I have to say that in my very short time here, they seem on average to conduct themselves the most professionally of the bunch.

I don't mean to bash on anyone's commissioning source, though. As others have said, there's good ones and there's dirtbags coming out of each.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wow, that sucks. I can understand if someone does something really stupid like show up wearing piercings, etc....but how did they find out someone showed up to muster drunk? I'm not condoning drinking before muster, but where were this dude's buddies? You take care of him / volunteer for anything he has to do / etc. and then make sure he knows you're not gonna save his @ss again (even though you probably will).

No reason something like that should be known up the chain unless it becomes a multiple offense kind of deal that can't be dealt with on the A-pool level, in my opinion. I thought A-pool was supposed to be kind of like JOPA-in-training?!?

Are you freakin' kidding me. This isn't a game where you help hide someone else's drinking problem. It will get worse. and then you're part of the mess.

We're big boys now, commissioned Os even. I'd suggest people start acting like it. Let chips fall where they will.

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
Or you could wear it at the dip, along with your brown shoes, and not look like a SWO.

I had been under the impression that the dip was more "earned" like brown boots, rather than being acceptable for students like brown shoes. But now that I know otherwise I'll have to fix myself. The number of black shoes around here really is appalling, though.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Yeah, as a NROTC product, this has been my first experience interacting with a lot of OCS guys and I have to say that in my very short time here, they seem on average to conduct themselves the most professionally of the bunch.
OCSers tend to be older, so that probably has something to do with it. Average age of my class was 25. When I was 22, I would occassionally go out on Thurs. and show up to work half-drunk on Fri, too.

Lustrante

pilot
I get so sick and tired of people bashing the Academy. Point the finger at the person, not the commissioning source.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Sure, as soon as you guys stop wearing V-neck skivvies to show off a forest of chest hair thinking it's "cool" :icon_tong.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor

Yeah, because they're fresh out of OCS and still scared that the DI is going to come out and rain the pain if'n they screw up. They also haven't spent 4 years waking up early and wearing the same thing everyday. Give it time. The cynicism will come.

That said, if this scuttlebutt is true about the chicanery in A-pool, I'd say you folks screwed the pooch yourselves (much like that guy 2 years ago who went to the papers and told them about his typical day in A-pool; that guy was reeeeaaaalll cool).

zoomie08

Fast, Neat, Average...
Are you freakin' kidding me. This isn't a game where you help hide someone else's drinking problem. It will get worse. and then you're part of the mess.

We're big boys now, commissioned Os even. I'd suggest people start acting like it. Let chips fall where they will.

Completely disagree. Commissioned O's or not, it (life in general but especially as an aviator) is and will always be all about taking care of the bros, in my opinion. I like knowing that when the chips are down, someone has my back no matter what. They can expect the same from me.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Yeah, because they're fresh out of OCS and still scared that the DI is going to come out and rain the pain if'n they screw up. They also haven't spent 4 years waking up early and wearing the same thing everyday. Give it time. The cynicism will come.
I stopped being afraid of the DI around week 6-7, and waking up early is a pretty commonplace thing in the workforce.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
I had been under the impression that the dip was more "earned" like brown boots, rather than being acceptable for students like brown shoes. But now that I know otherwise I'll have to fix myself. The number of black shoes around here really is appalling, though.

I think sitting around worrying if the guy next to me has a Vert Stab in his cover or what shirt he wears under his Khaki's means people have too much time on their hands.

Now wearing Black Shoes is just a sin against humanity...

Status
Not open for further replies.