• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Need to find a pensacola rental with male roommates

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
I'm about to PCS to Pensacola on 13 August to start flight school as an SNA.

Apart from what everyone else has said so far... unless you know something I don't, I sincerely doubt you will be PCSing to Pensacola. You're going to be TDY for 5 - 8 months.

phrogpilot73

Concur 150%...if she can't trust you now, when she can pick up the phone and call or drop in unannounced then what happens when you're at sea and communication is limited? You're going to deploy with females, that's just how it is, are you ready to deal with the drama that's will come from that?
Good words here...

PSW is currently deployed, on a ship with a bunch of dudes. Conversely, I have deployed on a ship with women on board. She calls when she can, and I called when I could. We trust each other, and that's why it works.

If she doesn't trust you now, that's a HUGE red flag for the future.

stgcst

Good words here...

PSW is currently deployed, on a ship with a bunch of dudes. Conversely, I have deployed on a ship with women on board. She calls when she can, and I called when I could. We trust each other, and that's why it works.

If she doesn't trust you now, that's a HUGE red flag for the future.

HUGE HUGE RED FLAG....being on the ship with women is only the start, then there's the liberty ports where you will surely be accused of "having too much fun without her"...when all you're doing is blowing off some steam..been there, done that....

red_ryder

None
I'm sure it will work itself out. She'll have to ease up a bit or he'll have to give up his career, but either way, I think we've made our point.

Call off the dogs, boys.

Yankee Uniform Tango
Damn. Now I want to go to McGuire's.

Nothing like an 18¢ bean soup, home-brewed Ale and an Angus burger the size of Texas...I had the pleasure of going there for the first time the other day. And yes, I did go into the women's bathroom. :(

MasterBates

All these horror stories people have said about bad coms, being accused of having fun/affairs in port and on the boat ALL HAPPEN.

Hell, they all happened to ME.

Be warned. I'm good at picking up pre-manatee warning signs, and I'm getting them from this thread.

Of course, if you don't have a need for half your pay and like camping, just continue on down the road you are on.

red_ryder

None
*I* know where you're coming from, but at the time would you have listened to people? I'm just saying, from experience, guys usually have to learn the lesson the hard way. (if they have to learn it)

MasterBates

If someone had warned me, probably I would have listened. The friends who knew the Michelle (she actually does have a name other than Manatee) thought she was OK.

But warning signs were there. I just thought they were "normal chicky shit" and didn't tell anyone. He's telling us indirectly about her demands. And they ARE a warning sign.

When I went to Whiting for the HTs, I got the "You CANNOT live with a female 2ndLT!!!" when I told her that a woman we BOTH knew was renting a house and offered a spare bedroom to rent for me.

So yes, I am seeing him facing almost the exact same shit. And most of us know how my shit ended. If I can save a fellow guy from that pain and financial disaster, I'll warn him and let him know my opinion.

He can ignore it, probably will. But he was at least warned.

stgcst

So yes, I am seeing him facing almost the exact same shit. And most of us know how my shit ended. If I can save a fellow guy from that pain and financial disaster, I'll warn him and let him know my opinion.

He can ignore it, probably will. But he was at least warned.

Same here, was warned....but chose to ignore....same end result. Sometimes you just have to learn the hard way

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor
If it helps at all to hear a chick's perspective, I'll say that I think it is an unreasonable demand. And that you really do need to pause and ask yourself why, if she is uncomfortable with you living with a girl while you are in a situation where you can talk to her regularly and see her fairly often, she will suddenly be okay with you being on a boat with a bunch of women while you are never seeing her and rarely talking to her. Or why she will be able to tolerate you going to exotic places were sex is cheap and abundant, when you haven't seen her in months.

No one can tell you what to do about your relationship, but I think that asking yourself these questions can only help.

Jynx

*Placeholder*
Contributor
This thread is absolutely hilarious
Agreed. I'm waiting for the follow-up thread two years from now. Any takers on it being something like:

"My fiancee wants to call it off because someone showed her a photo of my squadron at a bar in Taiwan, I wasn't even drinking that night!"

MidWestEwo

None
You guys are all freaking me out. My girlfriend and I are ALREADY fighting over the fact that I will be going to foreign ports without her.

I haven't even sworn in yet... :(

What is the girl situation like in Pensacola?