• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Reserve COVID Vaccinations by October

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Now I do know and only learned about the fetal cell ties when I started having kids and doing some reading on vaccines and the faith. Is that so hard to believe or understand?
yeah man - it is, cause LOADS of modern medicine has been tested using fetal cell lines:

The list includes acetaminophen, albuterol, aspirin, ibuprofen, Tylenol, Pepto Bismol, Tums, Lipitor, Senokot, Motrin, Maalox, Ex-Lax, Benadryl, Sudafed, Preparation H, Claritin, Prilosec, and Zoloft.

MGoBrew11

pilot
yeah man - it is, cause LOADS of modern medicine has been tested using fetal cell lines:

Yeah. I’m aware. Thanks bro. Like I said, not personally opposed.

Who are you to say what is a reasonable religious belief?

Hair Warrior

Contributor
I have a very difficult time resolving this: someone who can be involved in the death of humans (SEALs, some pilots, targeteers, etc.) while, at the same time, claiming religion as a basis for not wanting to get a vaccine.
You do realize that many world religions allow violence, right? Very few are truly pacifist, in fact.

See: crusade (christian), jihad (islam), eye-for-an-eye (judaism), bushido (shinto), shaolin (chan buddhist), sant sipahi (sikh), american indian spirit warriors/ ghost dancers. Human history is full of examples of the merging of religion with warfare.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
What I am calling out is people like you and bubblehead who think it’s impossible to have a religious objection to the vaccine and also be in the military.
I never said that. What I contend is...

Because I cannot rationalize how someone can claim to be religious about the COVID vaccine but not the many other vaccines, and then, at the same time, say they had no idea.

It makes no sense to me whatsoever and feels very opportunistic.I find it extremely difficult to believe that these same people blindly accepted the MMR, chickenpox, and Hep A vaccines and asked no questions.
If people hold such a strong belief about the way vaccines are developed then they would hold this belief before finding out that COVID-19 is mandatory about a month ago.

As for why I care... Because I have to do work to make / process these bullshit requests that will ultimately get denied (and rightfully so), and when you ask chaps if the guy is for real you get 'It's not my place to say,' yet he signs a recommendation anyway.

MGoBrew11

pilot
I never said that. What I contend is...

If people hold such a strong belief about the way vaccines are developed then they would hold this belief before finding out that COVID-19 is mandatory about a month ago.

As for why I care... Because I have to do work to make / process these bullshit requests that will ultimately get denied (and rightfully so), and when you ask chaps if the guy is for real you get 'It's not my place to say,' yet he signs a recommendation anyway.

Okay, you never directly said it, but it’s implied in all of your posts. And then in this very same post you imply it again.

You know what, doing that paperwork is your job. Your chaps is right. It’s really not your call whether it’s a genuine objection or not. The charitable attitude to take would be, “I’m going to assume they are all legitimate and let the proper authority make the ultimate decision.”

TLDR version of the last few pages:
Bubblehead: “I just like to argue”
Spekkio: “I don’t think people should have religious exemptions because I have to do paperwork”

Last edited:

taxi1

pilot
TLDR version of the last few pages:
Bubblehead: “I just like to argue”
Replace 'argue' with 'debate' and it's how you hone your thinking.

Have you ever argued the other side of something you believe?
Spekkio: “I don’t think people should have religious exemptions because I have to do paperwork”
I interpret it as, "It sure is funny that a lot of people all the sudden got concerned about stem cell lines."

I get that it wasn't in their awareness that stem cells were involved, and now it is. What is known is known.

The Covid anti-vax powers brought it forward, though, when they didn't for all of the other vaxes and medicines that depend on those cell lines. They're using it to manipulate thinking (successfully?), not because they actually care. That's what it looks like from the cheap seats.

MGoBrew11

pilot
Have you ever argued the other side of something you believe?

The Covid anti-vax powers brought it forward, though, when they didn't for all of the other vaxes and medicines that depend on those cell lines. They're using it to manipulate thinking (successfully?), not because they actually care. That's what it looks like from the cheap seats.

Come on, of course I have.

Yeah, I realize what it looks like, and to a certain extent, it is the correct analysis. My suspicion is that most religious exemption requests have more to do with being against the vaccine and Covid hype in general than the actual religious objections to it. I don’t object to that analysis.

I object to the clear condescension for those that are only using legitimate processes to ask for an exemption. The vast majority of the Navy is vaccinated. I doubt Spekkio has to do that much paperwork. We all have crappy and annoying paperwork to do as officers.

nodropinufaka

I am a little late but no one should be questioning someone's religious beliefs regardless if we think its bs or not. The same way we shouldn't be questioning anyones mental health regardless if we think its bs or not.

taxi1

pilot
no one should be questioning someone's religious beliefs regardless if we think its bs or not
So question...if someone says they hold a particular set of beliefs but then act in conflict with those beliefs (or are grossly inconsistent) can we say something?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
We can call them hypocrites. I've observed a remarkable amount of "do as I say, not as I do" among those with... strongly held beliefs. Human nature, to an extent, but it's fascinating to watch people rationalize away their strongly held beliefs on a whole host of issues, when those beliefs stand between the individual and something they want or that will benefit them financially.

Mirage

pilot
We can call them hypocrites. I've observed a remarkable amount of "do as I say, not as I do" among those with... strongly held beliefs. Human nature, to an extent, but it's fascinating to watch people rationalize away their strongly held beliefs on a whole host of issues, when those beliefs stand between the individual and something they want or that will benefit them financially.
The irony here is astounding. Here you are, after accusing me of pretending to be an officer because I said folks have lines they won't cross even if ordered to do so, which is plainly obvious to anyone, and you're talking about watching others rationalizing away their strongly held beliefs and being hypocrites. Your desire was to make some asshole comments to me, so you rationalized that only a lesser officer would contemplate ever refusing to obey an order.

Still waiting on your answers to my questions. Here's another: if you were in a position where Trump ordered you to shoot nukes in a first strike against China for no reason other than to start a war and stay in power, would you do it or disobey a direct order? Let's see if you're a hypocrite complaining about watching hypocrites. Can't wait.