• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy helo community....what's the latest news?

Cyclic

Behold the Big Iron
That's a lot of hours in the FRS though, as little training as it might be EXP FRP's will spend 9-12 months in HSC-2/3 when AH and OAMCM come around, we can't ask them to plug in more than that, specially when L-1 PQM's can get the training on the fleet and be L-3's by their second deployment. IF...the Fleet considers that ACTC and T&R L-3 is not enough to do the mission then it's the WS and responsibility to flag it.

Are we going to have NSW crews as those on 4 and former 5? The answer is no, you guys (I'm guessing you're in 4) are experts, no doubt. Should we keep such a high level of expertise? Most of us that know what Farsi is think yes, absolutely, everybody agrees that when it comes to going downtown alone in the dark there's HCS, the 160th and SOS...the rest of us like to go where there's many other good dudes buzzing around that can blow up stuff.

Capabilities get cut based on cuts in requirements, bad stuff happens and those requirements don't seem to go away...then again that's not new.

This is good stuff.....keep it coming.

hscs

pilot
There is some fluf that could be cut out to gain some time back -- The HC community needs to realize that both HS and HSL do VERTREP, but don't have 3 FDLP events and a ship period for VERTREP (both day and night). Both communities do VERTREP well by training 2p's in the fleet. You could get the hours back for a more intensive tactical syllabus.

Hate to be a naysayer -- I just don't see how the block2s are going to replace the -53. Really bad decision -- especially since I am not convinced that the new stuff will work on the -60S. Buy the -53k and add the new gear. The block 2s just don't have the legs.