• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Mumbai Attacks

Bevo16

pilot
Quite a leap to say that I am defending terrorists. And if you really think that someone claiming resposiblity makes them the perpetrators, you are a lot dumber than I thought you were.

It is quite a leap.

Maybe you could put the two sentences that you highlighted in bold together. Go, ahead. Take your time. Read them again. Then add in the phrase that I was "poking fun" and you for intentionally playing devil's advocate, and maybe you can come up with something a little less devious and easier to figure out.

Face-palm.

Redux

Just because a 'group', even if it exists, claims responsibility dosn't mean they did it.

Just because someone does something in the name of a religion doesn't make the religion itself bad, it makes the people who do it bad. Religion is a crutch, not the cause.

True, lets not forget not ALL muslims are terrorist BUT "MOST" modern day terrorist just happen to be muslims. Just sticking to the facts.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
True, lets not forget not ALL muslims are terrorist BUT "MOST" modern day terrorist just happen to be muslims. Just sticking to the facts.

Thirty years ago that was not the case, and may not be 30 years from now. Funny how that works.......

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It is quite a leap.

Maybe you could put the two sentences that you highlighted in bold together. Go, ahead. Take your time. Read them again. Then add in the phrase that I was "poking fun" and you for intentionally playing devil's advocate, and maybe you can come up with something a little less devious and easier to figure out.

Face-palm.

So I should take nothing you say seriously now? That will be easy......

Redux

OUSooner: Germans WERE interned in WWII BTW. This guy has a myths section you should check out: http://www.foitimes.com/
--

As well as Italians being barred from strategic points of interest. The DiMaggio family was not allowed to go to work at their own SF waterfront business. War causes havoc and confusion and during that time shit does happen. Just the way it is.

Redux

Thirty years ago that was not the case, and may not be 30 years from now. Funny how that works.......

I won't argue that but if I were you I wouldn't hold my breath. ;) Some things in life do not change, fanatic Muslims and their sadistic cult being one of them.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
The people who commit these atrocities in the name of Islam are not true Muslims in any sense. They're nothing more than batshit insane radicals who execute horrible atrocities and through some contrived, maligned sense of dogmatic approval they attempt to explain their actions to the uneducated masses by appealing to the Qu'ran and religion. They're not Muslims, just like militant evangelicals and the Westboro Country Baptist Church aren't Christians (yet picket funerals in the name of religion), either.

Sir you can caveat your posts by saying anything you want in your own defense but it absolutely does not change the fact that you do not understand the basic tenants of Islam nor fundamentalist fringe groups that carry out horrible acts while using it's name (Islam) as a guise for their own crazy. Just because a group or groups come out and carry out extremely violent acts in the name of <insert religion here> does not mean it is anything short of willful ignorance to claim that an entire religion is inherently violent. And how are Muslims going to collectively stand up to extremism? It's not as if many people are in a position to stand up to well-funded militant extremists with automatic weapons. Joe Blow Muslim is just trying to get by like everybody else and is more than likely extremely far-removed from this bullshit. The people who DO support and promulgate this behavior are uneducated, extremely poor villagers and individuals without any semblance of proper education or knowledge of anything worldly.

So I'm clueless about Islam because I'm unwilling to defend the religion as a whole because of the acts of a relative few?

I disagree. Islam, as practiced by millions and millions of people is just f'ing backwards. I am sorry if I'm being ethnocentric here, but there is just too much BS perpetrated around the world (and i'm not talking about exclusively terrorism) in the name of that religion. I could start a list that would take pages but I don't have the desire to write it nor do I think you are ignorant enough to not know.

Islam has worked in many places. They had their shit together far more in the middle ages than Christians. Largely it is pretty good in Indonesia, the largest Muslim country in the world. I have met and am friends with many Muslims so I have seen the good side of the religion (hence my caveat), practiced in a responsible and caring way - the way any religion should be.

There are Muslim scholars who have raised the BS flag and all Muslim leaders in most Muslim countries denounce these acts, but I see little real action to prevent these acts. At least by anybody other than the US and GB. I don't care who's been bad 30 years ago or who will be bad 30 years in the future. Right now, radical Islam is a major problem, worldwide, and I don't see the people who's good names are being dragged through the mud doing enough to stop it!

Roger, most Muslims are good folks, trying to make an honest living. But holy crap, I see a spade here, and I'm gonna call it a spade!

m0tbaillie

Former SWO

How many active members of the KKK or various other white supremacy groups in the US do you think are currently active?

wingsB4rings

Four fans of freedom, all day long
None
How many active members of the KKK or various other white supremacy groups in the US do you think are currently active?

I'm not sure exactly. Please enlighten us ignorant conservatives who obviously need some sensitivity training in the ways of radical Islam, and who clearly devote our lives to white supremacy.

m0tbaillie

Former SWO
I'm not sure exactly. Please enlighten us ignorant conservatives who obviously need some sensitivity training in the ways of radical Islam, and who clearly devote our lives to white supremacy.

You missed my point entirely...that isn't even close to being what I was implying. My point was that there are still plenty of people in this world, despite it no longer being the "in" thing to wag your finger at, who carry out violent acts in the name of religion. My point was that KKK and various other white supremacy groups that are still active in the United States exist on a mantra of well, obviously white supremacy but Protestant Christian values as well. Are they representative of Protestant Christians or Christians in general? No. Does your average American stand up and do something about the continued existence of these groups? No.

So why would it be any different for Muslims?

It wasn't been even close to hundreds of years since people have been carrying out awful, wholly despicable acts in the name of Christianity, people are just quick to forget about it and the media sucks at covering it.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor

It's a bit of a stretch to compare today's radical Islam to the KKK, even at their worst. Count the cost. It's not even in the same universe.

Redux

Poor comparison, I have been approached by a KKKer or wanna be a total of ONCE in my entire life. That was circa 1973, I laughed at him and called him a stupid asshole. The KKK is dead compared to radical islamics or even sympathizers, they're numbers would be less then 1% in the US. I doubt radical muslims could come close to a minuscule number like that.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Does your average American stand up and do something about the continued existence of these groups? No.

So why would it be any different for Muslims?

This is a very poor comparison. Why should the average American, or ANY American prevent the organization of a group that believes in white power, or any other kind of power? Believing in white power is perfectly legal - so long as you don't say...lynch anyone. If you want to get together and burn some crosses in Billy-Bob's back yard, then whatever man, be stupid. If you want to lynch a black person - you can damn well bet the American people will get involved - through the police and sometimes through legislation (hate crimes legislation anyone?). America does something about these groups, when they are legally able. And the mainstream society does not sit by idly when these attacks happen.

What kinds of things get Muslims in the streets, gets them fired up enough to protest and say, "THIS IS TOTAL BS!" Well, it isn't terrorism. But, OH MY GOD, should disrespect Mohammad, STAND THE HELL BY! We're gonna protest, kill a few nuns, burn some embassies. Yeah, real peaceful religion. This is the kind of crap children engage in (in terms of pettiness). Time to pull up the big kid pants and act like FUCKING ADULTS!