• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Monster Marine OCS thread: stupid questions answered here!

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
I wish I never read this post.

not a big fan of shots :( could I just take a few extra beatings instead?

well...considering they give you about 8 or 9 shots AND they do a full blood drawing, I would say your in for a rather interesting day at medical.

When I was there, some kid passed out and his head hit the deck. He didnt come to until he was laying in a bed in Bethesda and couldnt remember even going to medical in the first place.

..My advice, if your uneasy about shots then ask them if you can sit down while they administer them. They would rather that then have another accident.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
..My advice, if your uneasy about shots then ask them if you can sit down while they administer them. They would rather that then have another accident.

Tell them that you are going to have a problem, and prepare for it.

Every time I have blood drawn, I keel over. Every time I have a shot, I am so nauseous I cannot stand.

Just prop urself up and get ready to take the ride.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
You're going to OCS to be a MARINE CORPS OFFICER! And your worried about shots? What happened to Marines being tough?

I know Marines that pass out at the sight of their own blood and needles, absolutely hilarious:D

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I know Marines that pass out at the sight of their own blood and needles, absolutely hilarious:D

Watch any documentary (Ear, open. Eyes, click etc) about boot camp (Marine or otherwise) or any military indoc training and when they get to the medical indoc, you'll see the odd recruit/candidate shuffling/shaking back and forth anticipating the "big bad needle". A common phobia I guess.....:icon_cryi

evinkc05

Chances at OCS

Im trying to go to plc combined this summer.
My pft is as follows:
PU-13
Crunches- 100
Run- 22 min range

What are my chances? seriously?

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
Well, really if you want answers, spend some time reading on the forum. Get a better idea of what your actual questions are.

I'm really just messing with ya, there are a ton of Marine types here that will be glad to help you out.

SemperFlyMarine

The CRF's Worst Nightmare
That's about a 240 PFT, enough to get you in...if you can add one or two more pullups, and drop your run to 21 or under, there should be no problem with you starting OCS. I would concentrate more on my leadership/decision-making abilities, though, to be honest with you. As long as you get over a 230 (I think) on the initial, then you'll get in. Anything less, and there's a probability you'll go in front of at least your Company Commander, if not the Colonel, to see if you stay. After the initial, you might run one more PFT before the final, but that's it. Make it through the humps, sound off, and do well in your leadership billets, and you'll do fine. Good luck. Any idea which class you're shooting for?

VIZKRIEG

KILL
I was only at OCS for 6 days so far, but I know what I'm getting in to. With that in mind, I feel confident in telling you that you can be a pt STUD and max out the PFT every time you take, but if you suck, you suck. OCS is not all pt. Granted, if you do well at pt, you will be more able to concentrate on the other aspects of suck that happen, but there is by no means a magic formula that can predict your outcome at OCS. Your success their depends almost entirely on you.

Mr. Blonde

My ass is a motherfuckin' champion
pilot
my in pft was 14 pullups, 97 crunches, and 22:30 run. I graduated. That being said there were people who kicked my ass on the pft who didn't. I was able to keep up on PT and do well. After that it's leadership ability, willpower and a whole lot of luck. You have a good enough pft to make it, the other intangibles can only be judged by your sgt instructors.

Ragnaroll

OCS is an internship now?

So i just got a letter from the marine officer selection team in manhattan, advertising OCS as a 10-week internship where you earn $5,700 over the summer and are then under no obligation to join the marines or the armed services.

Is this some new program/change, or are they just plain lying?

I mean i'm probably gonna call/write and ask anyway, but I'm wondering if anybody here's heard of this.