• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Monster Marine OCS thread: stupid questions answered here!

Lawman

None
Take a bore snake. Works a hell of a lot better then that half broken other half missing rifle cleaning kits they issue you. Most dont have the right amount of rods to them, others have enough rods but the threads are gone and wont work.

Be advised, every time a class goes through the tents get a few poles, stakes, and rain flys shorter as well.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Practice yelling "Butter, Butter,.......JAM!!!" about a thousand times. That's about how much weapons shooting you'll get at OCS.

Shouldn't it be "Butter, Butter, JAM; SPORTS!!!" Or does the Marine Corps use S.P.O.R.T.S. for clearing the M16A2?

-ea6bflyr ;)

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Shouldn't it be "Butter, Butter, JAM; SPORTS!!!" Or does the Marine Corps use S.P.O.R.T.S. for clearing the M16A2?

-ea6bflyr ;)

This has been changed since I came in. On the known distance course, when I came in, it was immediate action (tap, rack, bang) and if that didn't work you'd go to remedial action (SPORTS). If you had to go to SPORTS then youd get to fire your saved rounds after time was up.

NOW, it's just immediate action over and over and over until the range coach notices. Then you are told to clear it, and then you get to fire your saved rounds after time's up. No mention of SPORTS that I'm aware of at the KD level. You know, our weapons and rounds are perfectly clean and balanced so they never jam in combat, duh.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The ARMY was all about SPORTS. That's all they taught us stupid squids at Ft Jackson.

-ea6bflyr ;)

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
The ARMY was all about SPORTS. That's all they taught us stupid squids at Ft Jackson.

-ea6bflyr ;)

One of my buddys who was in the army had to lead a funeral ceremony in Ft. Hood. When the riflemen were doing the volleys, one of the soldiers (not the brightest one) had a misfire and started doing SPORTS right then and there. It didn't go over very well, but I thought it was funny as hell.

pjxc415

pilot
There is no gear at OCS. The packs are ridiculously light. Standby.

Agreed, weight is not an issue on ocs humps. I had difficulty with two things during ocs night humps - 1. staying awake, 2. not tripping on those rocky trails. other than that they're easy and pretty enjoyable because you aren't in the barracks getting screwed with.

Texan

Why enemy pilots dont sleep well
Vaccinations at OCS

Anyone know what vaccinations you get when you show up at OCS?

is an MMR (measles / mumps / rubella) included?

-Texan

gtg941f

pilot
Pretty much everything known to man. If you've already received it in the past few months, that's okay, they'll give you more. :)

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
If you are prior service (I am not) bring your records (or maybe they said make sure it's in your current records?) so that you don't get everything again. Otherwise, you will be getting everything all split over two days. I think it was like 5/6 shots one day, and 4/5 the other. It sucks, but everyone has to do it... Enjoy.

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
I wish I never read this post.

not a big fan of shots :( could I just take a few extra beatings instead?

Cobra Commander

Awesome Bill from Dawsonville
pilot
You forgot the tetnus shot with the huge needle that goes in your stomach. A lot of guys pass out on that one. Hurt like a bitch. Bled a whole bunch too. Just kinda gushed out in a raging torrent of blood and puss.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I wish I never read this post.

not a big fan of shots :( could I just take a few extra beatings instead?

Honestly, dude. It's a shot. I'd have taken 100 shots to skip OCS. They'll stick you like a pin-cushion when you get to medical....I GUARANTEE OCS sucks more than a couple vaccinations.

MettGT

pilot
A little preperation will save some pain at OCS. Go to your family doctor's office and make sure you are up to date on your shots. Then have them print out a shot record. Have multiple copies of this with you and take a copy to medical in-processing. That way you only get the shots you need and won't have to complain about the shots hurting your initial PFT score.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
A little preperation will save some pain at OCS. Go to your family doctor's office and make sure you are up to date on your shots. Then have them print out a shot record. Have multiple copies of this with you and take a copy to medical in-processing. That way you only get the shots you need and won't have to complain about the shots hurting your initial PFT score.

I don't know. This may work, but at OCS it seemed like, if in doubt, then STICK EM. If the i's aren't properly dotted or the t's properly crossed, standby to get a TON of shots you already have....