• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Mice!!!

What to do with the mice when I catch them?

• Drown in sink, throw in field as a warning to others

Votes: 35 42.2%
  • Flush directly to black water tank (think CHT)

Votes: 12 14.5%
  • Release outside. (chick option)

Votes: 12 14.5%
  • Mice are tasty! Eat them!

Votes: 24 28.9%

• Total voters

MasterBates

But will they see it coming?

I feel my inner mad scientist coming out.. I need a Tesla Coil and a VanDegraff Generator!!

brownshoe

Contributor
They ate the peanut butter off of the traps under the cabinets. Without setting them off..

Yep it does happen. (The little fuckers are crafty.) But that’s the reason to use peanut butter, it’s sticky and they spend more time there just licking at the trap. All kidding aside, I’ve had to play with the traps they make today to be able to set them to go off when a mouse is nibbling away. It takes practice, but get the metal “thingy” just into the slot on the side of the bait tray. Play a bit with the traps before you bait them to get the hang of it all. If they go off when you set them down then you’ve done it right! Just reset them with bait and wait for the snap. You know... you could just call in an air strike.:D

Steve

red_ryder

None
Ah, do you put the peanut butter on the UNDERSIDE of the catch? Usually it's almost impossible for them to lick it off without disturbing the trigger mechanism.

JMMH

Ugh.
Buy lots of dog food and leave in small bowls- they HATE that!

Quit being mean to those little mice. LOL.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Damn crafty mice....
mousehelmettrap.jpg

busdriver

None
I saw an episode of dirty jobs about exterminators, apparently they have crappy eye-sight and use those whiskers to feel their way around. As a result they tend to follow walls. With that knowledge in hand I managed to kill 6 or 7 mice while in the desert by putting the traps perpendicular up against the wall with no bait at all.