• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Mice!!!

What to do with the mice when I catch them?

• Drown in sink, throw in field as a warning to others

Votes: 35 42.2%
  • Flush directly to black water tank (think CHT)

Votes: 12 14.5%
  • Release outside. (chick option)

Votes: 12 14.5%
  • Mice are tasty! Eat them!

Votes: 24 28.9%

• Total voters

kbucciarelli

sealing up holes and mouse traps are probably the best way to go, to ensure that the trap gets them every time, wrap a small piece of nylon around the peanut butter that way they have to really pull. I normally launched the bodies out past the compost pile as a sign to any others.

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
This is the little sob who was inside my truck and chewed through the remote lead from the power amp in my truck. I put this up as a warning to his friends. In the end I had 8 glue strips and 5 snap traps baited with peanut butter. One of the snap traps had a Reeses Cup smeared on; that was the one he snacked on.

themouseisgone.jpg

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
threadjack

this thread is so much more entertaining than writing a paper right now

/threadjack

S3b_viking

Another idea if you just wanna play with them is to send them up in a model rocket or strapped to the side of a bottle rocket. :D

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
I second the glue traps. I lived near a horse farm in OKC, and they are VERY crafty. I ended an infestation in under a week and maintained the inside of my house mouse free using LOTS of glue traps along the walls. I put them outside in the garage too and got a few more out there in the next couple years. Just be sure to check the traps. I found that they were usually hopelessly stuck and it was more humane to just end their lives quickly than try and free them. Try and seal up all holes going in and out. Mine got in through a dryer vent. Anything bigger than a dime and they are in!

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
Physics books?

No? Well, they always scared the S*it outta me.. It was worth a shot.

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
HAHA!!

I'm pretty sure the solution to every problem known to man lies somewhere within the Monty Python tv/movie collection.

Classic.