• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MH-60R info

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
For the CV dets, It will probably come out of most of them, with 1 bird left as ASW. THe HS squadron "trucked out" all their -F's when we were in the gulf.

SSC- No SONAR/SONOBUOYS needed.

Without getting into OPSCEC crap, I can and have done ASW prosecution without working Accoustic systems.

That's alright, HSCS' policy is to criticize and complain, regardless of what the facts might be.

Brett

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
Greg, did you get a chance to check out the 60R parked @ 46 today?

That sono launcher is GAAAAY.

And what is up with the right side FLIR HCU? Where the heck am I supposed to put my helmet bag and lunch box now?

Nope, I didn't even know there was one out there. I was in 1555 all morning the ran to the airport.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
And your maintainers will leave all of that in, because the mission will be SSC and ASW. The more you take that stuff in and out -- the less it works.....

Don't know the specifics of the R's interior, but it's probably done the same way the Bravo does it... You can fit a litter in the Bravo w/ all it's gear, you just lose a seat (or two, I can't remember). To second Master's comment, I know of HSL dets that took out their launcher once they chopped into 5th fleet. More room for the sniper(s) and little need for the launcher. Does it screw up the T&R? Who knows...I leave such questions to Ops guys.

hscs

pilot
However, you missed the point of the fact that an HSL/HSM squadron is not manned properly in the AW department. I doubt that you all regularly fly with two AWs in back -- something that would be required to do PG. HS/HSC squadrons plan on all ops to have two crewman.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
However, you missed the point of the fact that an HSL/HSM squadron is not manned properly in the AW department. I doubt that you all regularly fly with two AWs in back -- something that would be required to do PG. HS/HSC squadrons plan on all ops to have two crewman.

Well no because PG is not a primary mission. If it were, we'd fly with 2 AWs in the back. Our primary mission only involves one AW, hence why we usually fly with one. Thanks for pointing out the obvious. If indeed the mission changes, don't you think its likely the manning requirements will also change to reflect it?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
It would be interesting to see what the Romeo ROC/POE looks like and see if it's truly an issue. So hscs, is HSC planning on detting to the CVN as well, in order to support PG? I've always been a bit fuzzy on that plan.

Deploying w/ enough AWs and having enough AWs w/in the squadron are too different animals. Since the HSM plan is for the whole squadron to deploy (a la HS), then the AW manning issue might be less of an issue. Again, not sure what the revised plan is.

hscs

pilot
The HS squadrons become HSC squadrons when they transition -- they will have 8 a/c -- 6 on the big deck and 2 on the combat food ship. That leaves the 60R guys to take over all of the SSC after the retirement of the S-3. We'll see how the plan is executed once HS-8 makes the transition.

I do suspect that the -60R guys will have to do PG -- once in a blue moon (if the HSC squadron is having maint trouble), but I don't suspect that a manning document will change to make HSM do PG all of the time.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Stop complaining hscs. That's all you do. there is only one person on this site that knows things.

You two are like peas in a pod. I'm just curious what the HSC community is doing to embitter people to such an extent.

Brett