• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MH-60R info

MasterBates

Come to -42. They need another wisea$$ to replace me..

Plus, you get Spaceman, Blade and Flame as your COs, which is a good thing.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
Come to -42. They need another wisea$$ to replace me..

Plus, you get Spaceman, Blade and Flame as your COs, which is a good thing.

The rumor is 46 is going to take 3 of us and 42 and 44 will each get one. At least I think thats what someone was saying today. But I have no clue in reality.

Blade seems awesome, I've seen him a few times in 1555 and he's always friendly and outgoing.

Prashant Patel

Not exactly a weapons intensive mission there either. There's more to life (and flying) than blowing things up.

Brett

Thats what I'm trying to say. Blowing **** up isn't that cool to me. Sure I'd do it, but I'd get a better kick outta knowing that my crew helped pull some poor jet puke out of the water or going into the zone and extracting friendlies from a tough pickle(this'll never happen since Marine and Air Force assets are better at it but at least you'd get to practice it). It doesn't matter to me anymore, I've warmed up to the fact that i'll be one of original new 60R guys going into a wholly new platform.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
Thats what I'm trying to say. Blowing **** up isn't that cool to me. Sure I'd do it, but I'd get a better kick outta knowing that my crew helped pull some poor jet puke out of the water or going into the zone and extracting friendlies from a tough pickle(this'll never happen since Marine and Air Force assets are better at it but at least you'd get to practice it). It doesn't matter to me anymore, I've warmed up to the fact that i'll be one of original new 60R guys going into a wholly new platform.

You do know that HSM is going to take over HS's role on the carrier right? HS is effectively splitting into HSC and HSM. HSL is merging with the subhunting duties of HS and will be deploying on carriers in the future, so you'll still get the opportunity to pull a jet guy out of the drink.

MasterBates

Greg, did you get a chance to check out the 60R parked @ 46 today?

That sono launcher is GAAAAY.

And what is up with the right side FLIR HCU? Where the heck am I supposed to put my helmet bag and lunch box now?

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
You do know that HSM is going to take over HS's role on the carrier right? HS is effectively splitting into HSC and HSM. HSL is merging with the subhunting duties of HS and will be deploying on carriers in the future, so you'll still get the opportunity to pull a jet guy out of the drink.
And by "HS's role" you mean "dipping for subs." SAR/CSAR is going to HSC. Well, the limited amount of CSAR the AF sends over, anyway.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
And by "HS's role" you mean "dipping for subs." SAR/CSAR is going to HSC. Well, the limited amount of CSAR the AF sends over, anyway.

I'm kind of out of the loop a bit, but I'm guessing there's still going to be HSM Stbd D and SARs of opportunity as a result. Even HSL has provided Starbd D at times, in lieu of HS.

MasterBates

Yeah. I have done about 50 hours in Starboard D. Fun playing dodgeCOD when they show up, and you don't know t until they go by you.

Prashant Patel

Yea, I just recently heard about SAR going to HSM (something about longer on-station time ?) so, should be really interesting. It's funny how all it takes is a few days from being disappointed about not getting your first choice to being excited that you got what you got.

hscs

pilot
One question -- where are you going to put a litter in the -60R? A large percentage of rescues off of carriers require a litter? The -60R will be able to stand SAR, but most likely will only be a backup to the -60S squadron due to cabin space and the fact that a -60R squadron will not be manned to have 4 person crews (as you would need for SAR).

MasterBates

The sono launcher and dipper come out to open up the cabin. In SAR configuration, it actually has a bigger cabin than the -F due to theway the permanenlty installed stuff is set up.

hscs

pilot
And your maintainers will leave all of that in, because the mission will be SSC and ASW. The more you take that stuff in and out -- the less it works.....

MasterBates

For the CV dets, It will probably come out of most of them, with 1 bird left as ASW. THe HS squadron "trucked out" all their -F's when we were in the gulf.

SSC- No SONAR/SONOBUOYS needed.

Without getting into OPSCEC crap, I can and have done ASW prosecution without working Accoustic systems.