• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MH-60R info

1rotorhead

pilot
Actually, we're probably two of the least bitter people in our community. Unfortunately for us, we're also the two smartest.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Actually, we're probably two of the least bitter people in our community. Unfortunately for us, we're also the two smartest.

Wow, what a ringing endorsement for the HSC community. They should get you guys to produce a recruitment commercial or something. ;)

Brett

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
This really doesn't need to turn into a pissing contest. I think the issue is that if one or both of you guys are HSC guys, and if that's solely been your career path, then telling a bunch of HSL guys how to do their job is kind of annoying. As I mentioned in a PM to hscs, LAMPS does operate in its own world, but it's based on what's required of us and how that fits in w/ the rest of the Joint tactics.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
In my limited experience, that seemed to be the one thing that was followed pretty closely. Well, w/ wing-sanctioned exceptions. But I guess that may be what you mean.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
In my limited experience, that seemed to be the one thing that was followed pretty closely. Well, w/ wing-sanctioned exceptions. But I guess that may be what you mean.

Yeah, I'm not suggesting any illegalities were going on, just lots of waivers. Things which would cause outsides looking in to wonder what was going on.

Brett

hscs

pilot
Gatordev, I am merely echoing comments by senior HSL/HSM leadership about how the -60R will not do PG.

Your PM did not help clarify -- That type of maneuvering offers all sorts of problems -- too many "what ifs" that could cause others to clean up the mess.

Remember -- slow is fast...

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Gatordev, I am merely echoing comments by senior HSL/HSM leadership about how the -60R will not do PG.

Yeah, I wasn't meaning the PG comment. Your above statement makes sense. It's a waste of resources for them to be a regular PG asset. As for the method used for boardings, I know it's not going to accomplish anything to keep arguing about it. All I can say is that the gazillion VBSS boardings that HSL has done, historically, have yet to result in something someone else has had to clean up. The absolute biggest weakness is only have a door on one side.

Eddie:

PG= Plane guard.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
...As far as career path, both of ours is quite varied.

Which I'd love to hear about. I've always been puzzled by hscs' username. Was never sure if it was HS to HCS, HC to HSC, or HSC to HCS. If it involves a switch to the FTS and/or HCS world, I'd love to hear details/experiences in another thread.