• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MCPS Aircrew Fleece

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Color me "me too". Anyone have a pic of what's being discussed? Avail commercially? Vendor? Gucci for Russian Boar hunting in Central CA?;)

Here's a link to a bunch of items from the whole kit:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=7&ved=0CF0QFjAG&url=http://polartec.com/uploads/pdfs/POL_Mil_MCPS_FR.pdf&ei=9r0qUffNGOv02wXH8IAg&usg=AFQjCNH2miZFrWF4HX9qkFjerbvGGHIV6A&bvm=bv.42768644,d.b2I&cad=rjt

The fleece jacket is the green thing on the first page. The vest is lying on top of it. I've never used the vest (I have the whole kit but like my arms warm), but overall, the package is a nice piece of gear. There was a secondary issue from another manufacture (which I can't remember but hope someone can post) that has a fleece pull-over. I've seen one or two guys wearing it and it looks pretty nice and a little more durable. I haven't dug around on ADS to see if it's available from them, but I doubt I could extract the funding at my current place to make it possible, anyway.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
To the OP, the worst you can do is ask the LS/MCO/Sypply folks. Get whatever you can, whenever you can. You never know when the next "We got shorted 7F funds from NAVAIR this quarter" will or won't be. Greasing the wheels never hurt either, just saying...

Also, the fleece stuff is money, especially for our AWs. They need all the layers they can get in the winter doing TERF. I'm just happy with the fleece jacket around the spaces.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
If it's really cold and windy, the fleece worn under the gore tex can't be beat.

MasterBates

Truth. I've worn that out on a pipeline job when actual air temp was -30F and the wind chill was pushing -80F.

I wasn't toasty, but I didn't freeze.

phrogpilot73

I have the full set (to include the different weights of long johns) because I did the initial wear test of them. If I asked our Flight E bubbas about them, I'd get laughed out of the shop. We don't have money to buy helmets.

pilot_man

Ex-Rhino driver
pilot
I also got the full set, from my PRs.

Anyone flying around mountains with snow should be asking for these.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
Screw novelty items like fleeces and goretex---I'd just like to have my own harness. Or a g-suit that doesn't have a horribly patched 6" rip in it. We have guys who are sharing drysuits. Nothing like stepping into your own drysuit, freshly coated in your buddy's taint sweat.

The supply system works like old people f*ck.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I also got the full set, from my PRs.

Anyone flying around mountains with snow should be asking for these.
Laugh if you want, but I seriously think they should replace that quilted abomination of a "winter flight suit" you see every 4 years at swim/phys with a full length Gore-Tex flight suit like the shell jacket they issue. You could wear as many warm layers underneath as your harness would allow, and it'd keep you dry if you eject into a snowbank. You can't keep warm if your bottom half is soaked.

trvsmrtn

pilot
I took the NSN for the fleece stuff to our supply guys and they couldn't find it in the supply system. Maybe it has to be ordered as a full set of gear (?). When my fleet squadron said they didn't have the money to order the stuff, I contacted the manufacturer because I considered just buying my own and I was told that there was about an 11 month backorder.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Massif stuff looks nice, but holy shit is that pricey.

They make that top in OD green?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I took the NSN for the fleece stuff to our supply guys and they couldn't find it in the supply system. Maybe it has to be ordered as a full set of gear (?). When my fleet squadron said they didn't have the money to order the stuff, I contacted the manufacturer because I considered just buying my own and I was told that there was about an 11 month backorder.

You may have to go through ADS, but that may not help with the back order. ADS is an approved distributor and only really requires one form to be filled out so that you can plug in an order IAW the random supply rules that hinders us getting actual gear. It won't help with having no money, though.

FWIW, 3 years ago, the fleece stuff took forever to get in (not through ADS), so sounds like it's more of the same.

Our squadron has the green fleece/Goretex but a few of the other squadrons and the Weapons School have the Massif sets. I hear they're nice as well.

http://www.massif.com/flame-resistant/elements-jacket-navair.html

Bah, Massif was the name I was looking for.