• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MCPS Aircrew Fleece

busdriver

None
What's your standard kit these days? Green Nomex flight suits or the two piece DriFire/Massif gear?
Home station is green flight suits. Deployed the guys are wearing multicam A2CUs. Cold, regardless of location is Massif; but only for actual flying.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I heard from my supply folks that the contract to make the MCPS wasn't renewed. Can anyone confirm/deny that?

In other news the Massif softshell was approved.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
Every time we had an AMI, there was this big rush to 'clean out' the lockers of stuff that isn't permitted...stuff like helmet bags, gloves, circuit breaker books, Telex headsets in helmet bags.

This cleaning out was generally disseminated via email, about 2 minutes before all your stuff ended up in a black garbage bag hidden in spaces somewhere until the inspection was over, when you *might* get it back.

After AMI, life was back to normal again...

Stupid.
Lots of good shit got thrown overboard during AMI, once saw a brand new TTU205 go to Davey Jones Locker because we didn't have any paper to saying it belonged in our squadron. Bad part is it was the only one on ship that was in CAL.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Now if only we had gloves.
Or my aircrew had more than one flight suit that they wash and wear everyday... But I'm sure thats not really important. Most of my gear stays hidden, and it wasn't until recently that my helmet could stay in my locker because "having a helmet cover INCONUS is not authorized"...

Dosequisrex

Thanks guys for all the responses. Look forward to getting my hands on some in the new squadron I'm heading too.......after sequester goes into effect.