• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MCPS Aircrew Fleece

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Massif stuff looks nice, but holy shit is that pricey.

They make that top in OD green?

The polartec stuff really isn't much cheaper once you go through the appropriate purchase channels for Massif.

I have sets of the polartec fleece and Massif stuff and the Massif is much nicer.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Which tells me you've never actually seen the full issue. It includes Gore-Tex Farmer John overalls. Pretty much what you were describing as a "wish list"...
So I've heard; I just think a one-piece Gore-Tex oversuit would work better in the TACAIR realm with the ridiculously antiquated torso harness we use. Same reason you don't see us wearing two-piece flight suits.

busdriver

None
The Massif stuff is pricey but it's probably the best cold weather gear I've ever owned. The light weight layer is crazy warm on it's own, once you toss on the outer layer it starts to get really warm, I can't even imagine actually wearing all three layers.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Massif stuff looks nice, but holy shit is that pricey.

They make that top in OD green?

The Massif stuff is awesome! But it is completely retarded that I was issued that, considering some of the other stuff that we "can't afford".

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Hey all, I was one of the unfortunate ones to be in flight school before they started issuing the MCPS Polartec Fleeces, the sleeveless and long sleeved.

Any one know where I can get my hands on either of these?

They are issuing that now?! You new guys are getting all the cool stuff that we had to wait until the fleet to get! You can always scour ebay. Thats how I got my green fleece jacket. $40 with tags.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
The Massif stuff is awesome! But it is completely retarded that I was issued that, considering some of the other stuff that we "can't afford".
Same here. I love the Massif issue I received. Now if only we had gloves.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
They are issuing that now?! You new guys are getting all the cool stuff that we had to wait until the fleet to get! You can always scour ebay. Thats how I got my green fleece jacket. $40 with tags.

Didn't get much cool stuff when I got to the fleet, in fact I had to go find some of my issued stuff that had been swiped to build up someone else's gear.

Sorry, jack, but I'm not letting you take my personal zeta liner (smartest move I ever made having my name sewed into the top) to leave me with the bubble wrap in my already shitty helmet. Try again.

jtmedli

pilot
Screw novelty items like fleeces and goretex---I'd just like to have my own harness. Or a g-suit that doesn't have a horribly patched 6" rip in it. We have guys who are sharing drysuits. Nothing like stepping into your own drysuit, freshly coated in your buddy's taint sweat.

The supply system works like old people f*ck.

Same on the helo side bud. Minus the G-suit of course. We're sharing taint sweated dry suits and helmets also. Dont worry though 'cause, as our fearless leader put it in the debates: "the military isn't asking for more money." Yeah dude, we're all set over here. Let's give crack dealers and their baby's momma's welfare 'cause god knows the guy who volunteers to put himself in harm's way shouldn't expect to at least have his own helmet and dry suit when he goes over to butt-fuck-istan or wherever and flies over 30 degree water. Not to even mention fleece or, god forbid, be fully qualified.

/off soapbox.

jtmedli

pilot
Didn't get much cool stuff when I got to the fleet, in fact I had to go find some of my issued stuff that had been swiped to build up someone else's gear.

Sorry, jack, but I'm not letting you take my personal zeta liner (smartest move I ever made having my name sewed into the top) to leave me with the bubble wrap in my already shitty helmet. Try again.

yeah, F that noise. I keep my X-liner in my helmet back along with all my gloves and anything that isn't bolted down for this very reason.

phrogpilot73

yeah, F that noise. I keep my X-liner in my helmet back along with all my gloves and anything that isn't bolted down for this very reason.
Wow, sounds pretty cut throat in Navy land. All my (and yes, it's my own crap - no taint sweat or sweaty Airsaves) gear to include my zeta liner stays in my locker and no one touches it... But then again, that may be because our thief was apprehended...

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
The Massif stuff is pricey but it's probably the best cold weather gear I've ever owned. The light weight layer is crazy warm on it's own, once you toss on the outer layer it starts to get really warm, I can't even imagine actually wearing all three layers.

What's your standard kit these days? Green Nomex flight suits or the two piece DriFire/Massif gear?

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Wow, sounds pretty cut throat in Navy land. All my (and yes, it's my own crap - no taint sweat or sweaty Airsaves) gear to include my zeta liner stays in my locker and no one touches it... But then again, that may be because our thief was apprehended...

Every time we had an AMI, there was this big rush to 'clean out' the lockers of stuff that isn't permitted...stuff like helmet bags, gloves, circuit breaker books, Telex headsets in helmet bags.

This cleaning out was generally disseminated via email, about 2 minutes before all your stuff ended up in a black garbage bag hidden in spaces somewhere until the inspection was over, when you *might* get it back.

After AMI, life was back to normal again...

Stupid.