• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine General Counseled for Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
SAYING THINGS or DOING THINGS ???

illinijoe05 said:
A4,
I htink you miss understood what I was trying to say.... Hope this clears things up for you.

ROGER THAT !!
But you don't need to clear up anything for me -- only for yourself -- and the young sailors and Marines who might be serving under you some day.

You need to know that war is a dirty business and bad things happen. You can intellectualize this thing to death ... but understand this:
You don't fight a war with words -- deeds are what you fight with -- Words are what get you into a war ...

updatba.gif
ROGER BALL !!

KBayDog

A4sForever said:
No, you Jarhead-dunderhead. Two years to Capt, USMC !!! :eek: But you knew that anyway . :)

The only problem we ever had with Marine Air was we HAD TO KEEP THOSE MARINE AVIATORS FLYING OVER THE LUNCH HOUR --- otherwise they would forget how ...so get back to your studying.

updatba.gif
SEMPER FI and ROGER BALL !!

I know, I was just messing with you, old man, and wishing I was back in Paradise :(

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
KBayDog said:
I know, I was just messing with you, old man...

Old man ?? OLD MAN !!? OLD MAN !?!?
old-man.jpg

I'll show YOU (*wheeze*) OLD (*gasp*wheeze*) OLD MAN !!!

I think I will sit down for a minute, first .....

updatba.gif
ROGER (cough) BALL !!

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was all set to jump on this thread guns balzing but A4s said it all for me so It's back recovering for me

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
A4sForever said:
Words are what get you into a war ...

The way I read it, that was what IllinJoe's point was ... that the General's words might make the situation worse over there.

Before anybody gets crazy, I agree with the General, but wish he hadn't said it for a reporter. I LOVE the thought of killing the enemies of our nation, and I could give two sh!ts about being PC. :icon_smil

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
VarmintShooter said:
The way I read it, that was what IllinJoe's point was ... that the General's words might make the situation worse over there.
WE ARE ALREADY IN A WAR and "they" HATE U.S. (sic)

Disclaimer: I love some of you guys ... you remind me of myself when I was younger (I know, I know -- now you hate yourself!).

The situation is really very clear -- "Crystal", in fact. How much "worse" do you want it? "They" kill the innocents and "they" kill our people. We are in a WAR against fascist ISLAMIC FUNDAMENTALISM and we need to understand that fact !!! Sheeesh! Ever hear of the Barbary Pirates?? I know you have and you understand where this is going -- we have been in a "cultural war" with these losers since the founding of the Republic and it's NEVER GONNA' change until the last one of us is KIA. The Jews understand this ... when are we-all going to ... ??? I just want to make sure it is them -- not U.S. (sic).

Kurz1.jpg
" We must kill them. We must incinerate them. Pig after pig, cow after cow, village after village, army after army ...

But I still love you ... A4s :)
main_marthastewart.jpg
And it's a GOOD THING ..... :)

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
A4sForever said:
" We must kill them. We must incinerate them. Pig after pig, cow after cow, village after village, army after army ...

Appropriate quote ... haha.

Maybe you are correct about it not mattering what we say. I've made the same argument before.

I guess the fundamental question for this is whether or not we care about how we are perceived by the people of the Middle East, and whether we think we can change that opinion by our actions.

Me, I think that we are hated and always will be (unless we are someday poorer than the rest of the world). I don't think we can change their minds and look after our own interests at the same time. I also think that the people we work for (ie. our elected representatives) either do not share my beliefs or do not wish others to think they share those beliefs.

Maybe it's a good thing I don't make public policy. :tongue2_1

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
VarmintShooter said:
I guess the fundamental question for this is whether or not we care about how we are perceived by the people of the Middle East, and whether we think we can change that opinion by our actions.

How much money have we pumped into Saudi Arabia? How much weapons? How about defending them from a possible Iraqi ambition during Desert Storm? Yet they still teach hatred of America in their schools. The Middle East will always hate us for who we are. That won't change. That is my belief.

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
Fly Navy said:
How much money have we pumped into Saudi Arabia? How much weapons? How about defending them from a possible Iraqi ambition during Desert Storm? Yet they still teach hatred of America in their schools. The Middle East will always hate us for who we are. That won't change. That is my belief.

You did read the next two sentences of that post, right?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
KBayDog said:
Yeah - wasn't that one of the occasions when they sent in the Marines? :icon_smil
miniusmc.gif
Semper Fidelis, Marine ...
about_255012.jpg
The Marine sword is a replica of a scimitar presented by an Arab chieftan after a Marine victory on 'the shores of Tripoli.'

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
perchul2 said:
A4's you make powerpoint presentations at home as hobby don't you...sir.
Naaaaa ... much simpler. Just cut/copy/paste, etc, etc, etc .... I 've always thought a picture's worth a thousand words -- agreed ??

scissors.jpg
xhun2188.jpg

What do you do at home ?? :eek:

updatba.gif
ROGER BALL !!

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
perchul2 said:
A4's you make powerpoint presentations at home as hobby don't you...sir.

Hey, don't know the man's posts, they're entertaining!

Status
Not open for further replies.