• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine Air contracts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shpion1

Contributor
May want to rethink the whole USMC idea

Dude, and hope I don't offend you by calling you Dude...By reading your previous responses, I'd highly recomment that you rethink the whooole idea of serving in the USMC, or the US Navy. I'd think the USAF will make a much better choice for you.

If as you say you browsed through this forum before posting your question, and still don't get an inkling of what goes on, what is humor, what is tongue in cheek, etc, then definitely rethink the whole idea. Yup, you do have to take a load of crap/jokes throughout your career. AND, be able to dish it out. No fun otherwise.

And, if you don't think farts are funny, definitely the air force.

PS. Canada is great, especially the girls and some of the beers... as far as anything else, I'll take the USA

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
BTW I spent 2 years flying a 727 with Iranian FEs and became good friends with them. I have beers with them everytime I have a LAX layover. They would die laughing at my original letter and take it with the humor in which it was meant.

It would go something like this... "HAL...that vas ehhh suuuperrrrr funny man...those modder fackerrrs in EEE-ron are estupid pieces of fvck..I'eh totally ah-geh-ree vit yourrrr leh-terrrr. Guuud Job, berravo eh-zulu my feh-rend"

m3urthy

Why don't you have a seat right over there.
I had to renounce my Canadian citizenship a few weeks ago at the Canadian consulate in LA.

Do it earlier than later. Some nitwit will lose it or they will send it back to you for not filling out some obscure line of the form properly. On their citizenship renounciation form they have a place for your picture. If you don't have the pic taken to their exact specs, then you'll have it sent back. It is really annoying since the process is basically you -> consulate/embassy -> Ottowa -> Nova Scotia

Oh, and they CHARGE you a $100 fee to renounce.

IF you are concerned about losing your citizenship for good, don't worry too much. Just make a note on your form that you're doing this to join the US Military. The Canadian Govt will allow you to resume your citizenship after your service if you maintain residence in Canada for one year or show proof of being involved in Canadian life (ie, working in Canada).

The only advantage of a Canadian passport these days is that it feels more solid than the US one and its prettier.

greencard

I understand that shit will hit the fan at OCS and on from there, but why not relax and stop trying to prove you have testicles on a forum. I will take the heckling that is due, but when it is due. I am not in the military at this point, so I don't feel I should have to prove anything at this point.

I appreciate the honest opinions and remarks about being able to take the crap, but when someone is inquiring about a career in naval aviation, I think that a more courteous approach would have a great affect in attracting interested officers. By answering questions you add to helping guys like me make the right decision.

Anyway, I will leave it all at this. I don't appreciate the attacks to a kid trying to get information. I do appreciate the answers and the post-heckling honesty about life as a pilot. I hope that I can join your ranks.

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
It took me a total of 5 hours of flight time plus 3 hours of ground to be certified for aerobatics in the Grob 115c. Most aerobatic aircraft are taildraggers, in which case it would probably take 10 hours or more in the SuperD, depending on how good you do and/or the hour requirements made by the company that insures it. I think the Pitts has a 400 hour (total) requirement just to solo.

That was my wimpy voice. Bring the pain. ..|.,

Having viewed your videos, you're probably a better (more experienced) pilot than I but I know my way around a rifle range!
The aero endorsement sounds like a lot of fun. Who did you get it through? My school used to offer "spin training" in a couple of Extra's but they've been put to pasture due to maintenance issues :(

greencard

What all do they look for as far as grades in college?

I am pursuing a degree in economics, it will be a bachelor of science. I understand that the min. gpa is a 2.0, but what are they really looking for academics?

greencard

Do you mean to say >3.5? Great than I imagine.

I have changed my major recently in an attempt to bring up my gpa and get myself in a moree applicable major for my future goals, but how much does gpa weigh in on it all?

Col Angus

pilot
Just like every other hotshot out there I'm looking to fly the F/A-18. But on the other hand, I'd be happy flying just about anything... except the Osprey.

So, what happens when the Marine Corps says you're gonna fly the Osprey? Or is that just not gonna happen because you're so good? Either way I doubt I'll be the last person to tell you to fist yourself.

BullGator

Who was the wimpy voice saying "that hurts man..."
Hah, I was thinking the same thing. A 12 gauge hurts?!? Hell, the pistol grip ones shooting slugs doesn't even hurt. -That's all. No pain, just funny.

Good luck in the selection process and on the PRT.

phrogpilot73

So if anyone can explain to me how you have good reason to be hateful, without provocation, towards a hopeful aviator then maybe I will better understand this tact.
To test your mettle. Aviation is a deadly business, requiring near perfection in some aspects. If you can't focus on the task at hand, laugh at your own expense, and get sidetracked by some off-color comment than how can you be expected handle dealing with the dynamic and dangerous world of combat aviation? Chill out.

And don't even think about telling me how I should conduct myself as a Marine Officer.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I will take the heckling that is due, but when it is due. I am not in the military at this point, so I don't feel I should have to prove anything at this point.

Hint: when you get crap for something, it isn't likely going to be when you think "it is due".....

As for count #2, you will always have something to prove wherever you go. Get used to it.....even if you don't end up joining the military.

Status
Not open for further replies.